1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Plzzz Suggest!!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by RadhiSrini, Mar 19, 2013.

1. RadhiSrini

RadhiSrini Senior IL'ite

My cousin is partially deaf ; done his diploma in hardware and networking;not graduate).I am searching in many possible ways to employ him;he was employed(in a small producation company) till last month but got depressed and left work due to bad treatment and comments of his nature(hearing capability)now searching for some new job.He is very hardworker ,I want to help him to settle in work.(Financially low and having aged parents.)

I am married -working women.living in very strict environment (joint family) .no outside contacts except near working collegues.Not sure how to help him out(Not able to give even little financial support due to strict DH and MIL -atleast want to find a job for him) My cousin is so depressed and speaking like hopeless person.

I m calling him daily and giving moral support ,but I dont think it will work for more days...I contacted an ngo for disabilities for some job oppurtunities ,but no update yet.

I dont know to whom I can share my feelings...so saying here..Please suggest me !!what cud I do...how cud I help him out ..

2. SKMK

SKMK New IL'ite

hELLO Frnd, i appreciate ur thought to help a frnd in need. pls discuss ur feelings iwth H. HE WIll also help him and u

3. RadhiSrini

RadhiSrini Senior IL'ite

Yes,I discussed wid him many times,but he is not understanding the seriousness... dont no wat to do...

4. Naksh

Naksh Platinum IL'ite

Bumping your thred up. :coffee

1 person likes this.
  5. Decentguy

Decentguy New IL'ite

What is this?:rotflCan you please check what you typed? Does not make sense to me...:rant

By the way its her cousin not friend...Oh...if people can just read patiently and then post...:coffee

6. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

So sorry to read this. Pray God to solve his problems. There is only so much you or your husband can do. I guess your husband also does not know where to look. A better idea would be to take care of the hearing,if possible. Im not sure but I have seen people who get hearing aids and it makes a world of a difference. Since your cousin is partially deaf, there is a chance that this may work. Try to contact any organization that can help.
    And then he can drop his resume at the centers for disabled people...keep calling/going to such places to keep in touch so if there is a job opening, they will remember your cousin first.
    It is hard, but only your cousin can pave his own path. Yes, life is difficult but people have done it. If he is depressed, he cannot achieve anything. You have to encourage him to take a different route....carve his own destiny.

7. daffny

daffny Silver IL'ite

if possible let him get a loan and start his own small business in his field

8. soumya234

soumya234 Platinum IL'ite

I am not sure if this is of any help. But I read about the first rural BPO (Govt. based) named FOSTeRA (Fostering Technologies in Rural Areas) and the person behind that as Dr.Santhosh Babu, IAS. This is his ID displayed in yahoo group - santynits@yahoo.com in 2009.

I don't know if he is still in-charge of that. But you can try mailing him to ask whether your cousin with Hardware & Networking background has chances. Wishing him a great future:thumbsup. Good Luck.

9. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

How about suggesting him get an hearing aid. That solves most of his hearing issues.

It is good that you give him emotional/moral support. But beware when you do that against your husband and in laws, specially as you live in a very strict family. That might cause further issues for both.

Better help him prepare a good CV, introduce him to your friends and colleagues who could help him find a job. Build his confidence level, and find a better moral support for him within his immediate family.. be it mom, sis or whoever.

10. Eraser

Eraser Silver IL'ite

1. Let him be in touch with his professors / campus placement cell
    2. Ask him to subscribe to networking related groups online - yahoo groups, linked-in - to get updates
    3. Reach out to good placement agencies in your city, keep talking to them
    4. Ask him to reach out to his college seniors - they might help
    5. In earlier company if he had any friend, he can reach out to them - they can refer to any competitor or placement calls they get.

Most important is for him to realize that "Such bad-mouths will exist wherever he goes to work, and he should develop immunity to those words"