1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

plzz suggest best contraceptive,,

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by nehausa, Apr 11, 2010.

1. nehausa

nehausa Senior IL'ite

i have used patch initially but hated the side effects,mood swings and depression and weird taste in my mouth..
    but since i can't rely on con...s and be on safe side i want to take the charge
    i dont want another kid for few years so..

plzz suggest me the best contraceptive..

thanks alot n lot.
    neha

Last edited: Apr 11, 2010

2. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Neha:
    If you use a contraceptive foam or contraceptive jelly or contraceptive cream with the condom it is 99% effective...just don't use a lubricant like KY thinking it is contraceptive. I personally am very cynical about any of the hormonal birth control methods but that is a personal bias. A good and reasonably priced place to have a good conversation about birth control choices is at Planned Parenthood. They have offices all over USA.

3. nehausa

nehausa Senior IL'ite

i hate contrcep.. but to be on the safer side as already i have one kid which was accident of co..m failure and 2 nd needs lot of time.

thanks tashidelek but i guess i hate anything like foam,etc..

how about oral medicines??

4. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

You should go talk to someone who can do a medical analysis of what is safe for you. An example, women with migraines should not take birth control pills as the risk of stroke is so much higher. All women have their preferences as to method as per a lot of factors and you can be guided as to what will work the best for you. My guess for you is an IUD but you know....EVERY birth control method has its strengths, risks, and weaknesses.

5. nehausa

nehausa Senior IL'ite

thanks tashidelek i know i must see doc....i appreciate ur prompt reply ..thanks alot..
    i guess i end this post here..hopefully.

6. MyChoiceMyLife

MyChoiceMyLife New IL'ite

An IUD is the perfect solution on your problem. An IUD is one very prevalent form of contraception, which protects women from unwanted pregnancy or control birth. It is 99% effective birth control option, which holds very less and mild side effects as compared to other contraceptives. It is a reversible one that means you can remove it whenever you want to try for a baby and have it once again to stop pregnancy. As compared to other contraceptives, an IUD is easy to use solution; here you need not to remember the dosage the way you have to do with pills and other oral contraceptives.

Hence, if you are doing family planning and don't want any more baby then take IUD and stay away from unwanted pregnancy and ultimately away from harmful abortions.