plz.... help in career change

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by prateeka, Feb 6, 2010.

1. prateeka

prateeka New IL'ite

:drowningHai this is prateeka i have completed inter in the year 98
    but due to some reasons I completed my degree BCA in 2007 in correspondance this year I'm going to complete MCA .But I was in teaching profession almost with some gaps .Now if I want to change my profession to software field what shall I do?Will I get any job? A Bca/Mca from distance is valid or not plz help me.

waiting for ur post.........

2. Gayathri47

Gayathri47 Silver IL'ite

MCA from a distance course is definitely helpful and valid according to me, because I have a colleage how is doing it right now as distance.

Not sure abt bca though. But because you have been touch in what you have learnt - through your teaching - which I assume is related to your education, I think you are not comepletely lost - but definitely difficult.

You might want to take up a software course like Java/.NET etc. before u want to start applying (is you are interested in companies like Infy,Wipro, etc) as it might increase ur chances

3. prateeka

prateeka New IL'ite

Thanks Gayathri,
    HAi to everybody!

Please clarify the following doubts
    1. After 10+2 5 years of gap is is there but most of companies discard this one and want continuous years of study .

2.In this recession period so many experienced people are jobless how my position as fresher would be?

3.please help seriously want to change my profession

4. cutesmile09

cutesmile09 Silver IL'ite

Hi prateeka,

Hope u r doing well!! As u have master's degree & few years of teaching experience,if u r interested in teaching profession,why dont u try for lecturer jobs in MCA/BCA & Engineering colleges,or in International schools,to be frank in this recession getting software job may be difficult,so pls check in these lines..

All the Best!!!:thumbsup