1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Plz help in baby cribs and stroller

Discussion in 'Infants' started by muskan3, Sep 9, 2010.

1. muskan3

muskan3 New IL'ite

hiii to all ladies here

I am pregnant . now we are planning to buy baby stuff.plz help me to find good crib and stroller. There are lot of brands in market. Can u guys gve me good recommendations ? I am highly confused for crib...
    wating for ur valuable replies....

2. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

dont know abt crib but for stroller I will recommend the chicco keyfit travel system. has car seat/base and stroller. ours has stood up well over 2 years of use.

3. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

All drop side cribs have been recalled. So you will find only non-drop side cribs. Any crib which is stable is good enough. Did you check out the stores? Sometimes just seeing online may not help you. Go to the stores and check them out.

I have this (I have the drop side version of it)
    Delta Jenny Lind Non-Drop Side Crib - Oak - Delta - Babies "R" Us

And for travel system (has both car seat and stroller) - I have the Chicco cortina travel system. Excellent product.
    Chicco Cortina Travel System Stroller - Discovery - Chicco - Babies "R" Us

I also have a light weight stroller for short trips. But this should be used only when the baby can keep his/her straight without any support.
    Ocean Wonders Deep Blue Sea Deluxe Umbrella Stroller - Fisher Price Babygear

Hope this helps!

4. vaidehi

vaidehi Silver IL'ite

Ladies, Pls advise me ..... Did u put ur infant right from Day one in this cribs or did u gradually shift them. I am so very confused whether i should first go for a Bassinet or just buy the crib. Since i live in an Apt ..... space is also a constraint for me. Pls advise.

5. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

bassinet wont last you more than 2-3 months as baby grows fast! if you don't have the space for a full size crib, look at the arms reach cosleeper. it's about 1/2 the size of a crib ... but again, only usable till maybe 4-5 months. we used this and were happy. we bought a crib but son did not like it so we use the crib for storage and the kid cosleeps with us.

if you can somehow fit the crib into the apt. I'd say go for it. one of my friend's son is a light sleeper and sleeping anywhere else than a crib he would get up umpteen times a night even at 11 months of age. then she put him in a crib in a separate room and he is able to sleep all night.

you could consider buying a 2nd hand crib and getting a new mattress - that's what we had done because we did not want to invest $$$ in an item we were not sure if ds would use.

6. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

I bought a cradle and used it for the first 3 months. I put the cradle next to my bed. But DS was a very light sleeper and he would wake up and still wakes up at the slightest noise. Also, he rolled over @ 3 months so the cradle got smaller for him. He kept rolling over onto his tummy. So he needed bigger space.
    So @ 3 months I moved him to the crib and to his room. He sleeps much better there. I have a baby monitor so I can hear him when he cries.

I bought this crib. It's only $ 130 and if you can use a 20% off coupon at Babies R Us
    Delta Jenny Lind Non-Drop Side Crib - Oak - Delta - Babies "R" Us

And I bought this mattress
    Simmons Slumber Time Radiance Crib and Toddler Bed Mattress - Simmons - Toys "R" Us

P.S: Are you in India or in the U.S?

Hope this helps!