Pls suggest some good beauty parlors in Trivandrum

Discussion in 'Trivandrum' started by kvidhya, Mar 6, 2008.

1. madhupreeth

madhupreeth Senior IL'ite

I will only reccomend Anila Joseph in Trivandrum.....
    All the marriages which I have seen ...if Anila Jospeh is the beautician she has transformed them to really beautiful brides......
    She is excellent..........
    All my friends had their bridal make up with Anila Joseph and they are completely happy....:thumbsup

2. teenik

teenik New IL'ite

Hi People,
    Sorry for the late reply had my wedding last yeard on 6th december in trivandrum, I took the beautician from RED ROSES apparently famous from UAE...which totally sucked big time.....it was major disaster....only the saree tying was fantastic....the make up was so odd...she used an ugly weird dark shade red lipstick on me....and after dressing me up when i saw myself into the mirror i just cried really bad....i went for the trial it was not bad but on the actual day it turned out horrible...in my wedding pics could see my eyes was welled up with tears..so i endure that make up throught the solemnization in church and before the reception...i washed up my entire make up and thankfully my cousin from singapore happened to be there and she re-did my make up which was a million times better... and i paid a heft price for it...i think all the make up artist in india really suck big time...they need to go out of the box for proper training...its one person did my face,another did my eyes,another did my lips..it was so many hands on me yet it spoiled everything..

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2009
  3. minignair

minignair New IL'ite

Good beauty parlour in trivandrum for bridal make-up

Hello frienz,

Am new to this site.Hope you will all help me :)

Iam gonna get married on April 11.I need a good beauty parlour to do the bridal make-up.In trivandrum which is the best parlour for bridal make-up ?

I dont need Anila Joseph,bcos she charge too much.:)In my queue I have,Exotic,Catalyst,Eves,Nefertiti,Lakme and Mirror.Which is the hest one in these?? Please help me out.:drowning

Cheers and Regards
    Mini

4. reena12

reena12 New IL'ite

Hi there!!

I am getting married in May and I am in a dilemma as in to which parlor i should choose..Can you please tell me where u had ur makeup for the wedding?

And how was it?Kindly enlighten!!:)

5. legalbutterfly

legalbutterfly New IL'ite

thanks for all the info.

LB

6. legalbutterfly

legalbutterfly New IL'ite

hi,

I have been to Anila Joseph's parlour ever since my college. She did my wedding and most of my friends as well. i always visit her whenever i go to India. She is a pricey but the quality of the branded product she uses makes sense. As always you get what you pay for specially with someone who is popular with the movie stars. I found her webbie its www anilajosephsbeautycare . com .

:coffee
    LB

7. desigurl

desigurl New IL'ite

Hi Vidhya!

Actually I went to Anila Joseph's parlour for my wedding, and I don't think I could have looked more beautiful. Right from the make-up to the the way my saree was drapped. I really don't know what Ammukutty was talking about, cos Anila Joseph is the best you can ever get in Trivandrum, or in Kerala for that matter!! After my wedding, I went there for some other treatments too, as she has started a spa as well. I went for a full body spa, which included massage, scrub, and a body pack, and finally steam. It was extremely good, in consideration that I have travelled over the globe, and have had body spas/massages in many countries. In anycase if you want further information about the parlour she has recently started a website too. You can click on the link below for the same:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2010
  8. ativak

ativak New IL'ite

hi friend there is one naturals near taj hotel.its so good .i ve visited them for 5 to 6 times and the girls r very friendly.

9. rohitmusicz

rohitmusicz New IL'ite

try Nature's glow
    in medical college
    trida centre
    my czn went to nature's glow for her wedding.....awsome.......,mehandi design was mind blowing,

10. girl83

girl83 New IL'ite

by reading the posts, seems majority votes for anila joseph.
    I've heard that her makeup items are all really good expensive brands and so the hefty price you pay for her services.
    My friend had her for her wedding and the make up was exquisite.
    I myself had a whirlwind engagement and wedding
    For the engagement, we took Usha Koshy of Eves and I was very disappointed with the make up. It made me look darker than I was, could see mascara clumps on my eyelashes, lipstick shade didnt suit me well, she didnt do anything at all with my hair which was my biggest asset, in fact it looked worse than my daily look, was in a hurry to leave with the money (3k) and worst of all she was late. In fact my MIL commented that I looked better in my own makeup(foundation,compact,eyeliner,mascara,lipstick)My cousin(very fair) had her for her wedding and she looked gr8 though. To each his own.
    For the wedding, we took a trial make up(i had an allergy issue) at Shapeline, Kumarapuram (Mrs.Anitha, check up yellow pages for the number) & took a studio snap. It turned out really really good. She did my face as she would for the wedding and it looked really good. Best part was she didnt try 2 kind of whitewash me (I'm dark complexioned) but still worked on evening out my overall face. Her products are all good brands. For the wedding, the transformation was really remarkable and everyone complimented me on my look.
    You get married once in a lifetime and you do wanna look good atleast on that 1 day. What I would suggest is, even if it means spending a little money, do a trial makeup and get a snap taken. When you see the right makeup with the photo, go with that person. Also, I think if you are dark complexioned like me, take care not to end up looking like you have putty on your face.