Pls suggest some good beauty parlors in Trivandrum

Discussion in 'Trivandrum' started by kvidhya, Mar 6, 2008.

1. sinumukadiyil

sinumukadiyil New IL'ite

hey tennik...
    ..thats a long story but mostly in january .....i 'll be theere by dec only ...i'm getting married to my friend from college ...anyway abt teh salons ...check this site ..they are pretty famous..i would have tried this out if i was there...i am very concerned abt my hair.... ..i always want my hair to be blow dried and kept silky ...so i would have opted for it ....i guesss they do a remarkable job....

2. vinvin

vinvin New IL'ite

hi guys!

My wedding is fixed for nov 19, it will be in aranmula parthasarthy temple, which is located at pathanamthitta district. I have one dilemma i.e. i have booked Ms.shobha kunjan for my wedding, but the amount she asked was Rs.20,000, plus i have to pay her taxi back and forth. i feel like she is taking advantage of me, im not so sure. I feel that shes asking way lot of money just for getting me ready, but i dont know how much a beautician usually charge. So pls sumone help me..DrowningDrowningDrowning

vini

3. maanasa

maanasa Silver IL'ite

oh!! god 20,000 its too much. 10,000 is reasonable.

4. siimmii

siimmii New IL'ite

halo alll
    pls suggest a gud parlour for me.. only 10 days more for my wedding and i don have tyme to experiment with it:spin.. pls suggest a gud one for me aspsDrowning

5. shubhasiddharth

shubhasiddharth Bronze IL'ite

Lakme salon in Bakery junction next to Ambrosia is the best. Somehow,I have never been satisfied with anything else. Urvashi in vazuthacaud is famous too. But nothing like Lakme. Its worth the money that you pay them, I have always had a pleasant experience there. The ladies who work there are pleasing.

6. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Vinvin,

Best wishes for your wedding!

Rs20,000 + transport (from Cochin?? to Aranmula) is way too much. But since it is Shobha Kunjan, I guess, this will be the rate.

Why don't you get a good beautician from Mavelikkara or Chenganoor to come? Even from TVM, you can get good beauticians and henna designers.They will do everything from a pre wedding bleach, facial, massage, waxing to wedding day make up and costume. Will also arrange jewellery.

Enjoy your wedding!

7. Gayathrii

Gayathrii New IL'ite

Anila Joseph's beauty parlor, Nefertiri and Eve's are the most famous parlors in TVM. Lakme is also famous. I have been to Anila Joseph's and Lakme, the rates are high but the service was fine. Please note that I didn't go there for bridal make-up, since my wedding was at the groom's place we had a beautician from over there do the make-up for me.

8. vinvin

vinvin New IL'ite

hi vidya,

thank u soo much for ur reply....i have found another lady, hopefully shes good. i guess i'll find out on my wedding day :) thank you for ur wishes :)

Vini:thumbsup

9. thegoodoer

thegoodoer New IL'ite

Hi all,

1.) ANILA JOSEPH BEAUTY PARLOUR:
    I am sorry to say that Anila Joseph's beauty parlor sucks!!!
    She was my beautician for my wedding. She didn't even know
    how to straighten my not-so-bad wavy hair! (Now I can do myself like a professional ;-)) She does not know how to pick the right lipstick shade, right foundation for each skin tone matching the specific colored wedding outfit! Also the mehndi design was so outdated! People made fun of me :-((( BUT SHE CHARGED ME A HANDSOME MONEY !!! It was a total disaster!!! :-( I WILL NEVER GO THERE AND WILL NEVER RECOMMEND TO ANYONE!

2.) EVES BEAUTY PARLOUR
    Here comes another monster! I am still paying for the eyebrow threading she did for me, plucking the starting point of my eyebrow making one eyebrow shorter than the other! Please, if possible avoid the above two! I do not think these people use high-end branded products!

I am not a beauty parlor fan! So, please do not think I am marketing for any parlor. I just wanted to make sure that no one else experiences what I went through. There could be exceptions though. I just shared my bitter experience, which eventually made me understand the basics of good makeup! ;-)

3.) NEFERTITI BEAUTY PARLOUR This parlor is recommended. So far so good.

I am planning to go to India this year. If I find any good parlor, I will definitely post it ;-) Thanks for the suggestion, shubhasiddharth and Priyanka Mathew.

Sinumukadiyil, there is one new hair salon (they do, facial, etc. too) in Kannammoola. I am not sure of the name! (I think it is called "Fair". The owner's name is Sathi). They use good imported products and do very good professional hair straightening (the latest technology called "hair rebonding"), etc.. They made my hair unbelievably silky and straight. We have to maintain our hair properly with protein treatment, etc,...Even after 2 yrs my hair is still straight ;-)

Hope this post helps someone out there. Thanks for reading girls....

All the best.

Last edited: May 10, 2009
  10. desertdiva

desertdiva Junior IL'ite

hi friends,
    i had been to TVM for few days and visited the lakme saloon... which is now known as aaroos....in bakery junction.
    they r just ok..pleasing in behaviour but the work isnt very pleasing.
    for facial (aroma therapy), deep conditioning, blow dry and threading they charged me INR 3000/-..
    well i'm not much happy with them....Is this the best in TVM...
    the blow dry was horrible.. the curles almost straightend as i descended the ambrosia steps.. the eyebrows were painful as well...the lady who did the facial never checked my face...she asked me if its oily and i told her it is oily...thank god the function was the next day... i saved my looks...for all that she did.... all my pimples popped up in 2 days...
    i have a wedding function in december. i have absolutely no idea where to go...Please suggest something better..
    Also who is the best in bridal makeup... i dont trust this lakme with bridal makeup coz we have to take the girl to the parlour.. and if this is what they do.. my sis is gonna have a ddd... day.....
    please help friends...
    and for all those who has give good suggestions.. thanks a ton...