1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Pls Suggest Books/online sites for kids In US (outside school curriculum)grade 1 &2

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by Akila2000, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Akila2000

Akila2000 New IL'ite

Hi
    Just wanted to know what are the books,online sites do we need to use a resource for our kids to learn both in subject (maths,english) and in General knowledge outside school curriculum in US.

(My kid is in Kindergarten and just wanted to know if anything we could do using the books for grade 1 /grade 2 levels.)
    And definitely this is not to pressurize the kid,but since had his studies of kindergarten and half of first grade in india and only because of his age he is still in kindergarten ,he keeps asking for something more to read apart from school homework and curriculum.

2. raj77

raj77 Bronze IL'ite

Re: Pls Suggest Books/online sites for kids In US (outside school curriculum)grade 1

Hi Akila,

When my son was at that age I subscribed edhelper.com and I used to get books like solving Mazes, Riddle books,Joke books and some puzzle sets(from library used sale). Edhelper.com had lot of activities too for problem solving. You can explore more options too at your local library/Barnes and Noble store.