Pls suggest Best Saving Schemes for NRI housewife-ladies

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by baby1, Sep 9, 2012.

1. baby1

baby1 Bronze IL'ite

Dear friends,
    I live in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">abu dhabi </st1:place></st1:city>and I am a housewife. I want to save some amount monthly from my husband’s income.That is from whatever money he gives me for home expenditure, I want to save alittle bit from that money. Please suggest some best ways with which I can multiplythat money. People living in <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">India</st1:place></st1:country-region>have lot more options than people living here. Like, here we don’t get saving schemes(or agents) such as post office schemes, RDs, FDs etc. as this is not our home country.Also here, most of the ladies just don’t go out from home…are always busylooking after home and don’t get much knowledge on saving schemes.
    Please suggest some ways to use my savings most effectively…likeif I want to carry my savings to <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">India</st1:place></st1:country-region> then where should I depositthat amount to get maximum benefit out of it…like in SB a/c or FD or RD or anyother? Pls explain about every schemes as I am starting my savings as a fresher and don't know anything about these schemes.
    Please suggest maximum benefit schemes for me to invest mysmall savings.
    Hope this thread will also help all NRI non-working ladiesto know how to save/increase their money in best way even sitting at home.
    Thanks and regards.

2. florencesom

florencesom Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    I was also thinking around the same lines. Both me and my husband are working. As expenses are mostly covered with husband's salary, i'm also in search of some way to invest a part of my salary. Heard about PPF, but not available to NRIs. If anyone has any ideas, pls respond..

3. vishwathothu

vishwathothu New IL'ite

Dear Friend,
    I am working in LIC in abudhabi. I can help you to invest the money in a useful way.
    Please contact me through private messages. You can sign up for

private messages here -
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/payments.php

Thank u

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2013
  4. Joni

Joni Senior IL'ite

You can do NRI FDs which gives return of close to 9%. You cn contact your local ICICI/ HDFC bank etc..

5. ArpitaS

ArpitaS New IL'ite

There are multiple options for nri investments in India. Some of them are bank deposits, stocks, mutual funds, real-estate etc. I suggest that investing in fixed deposits is a very good option as it is secured as well as you will get good returns on them. http://www.dbs.com/in/nri-services/NRI-services.aspx

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2013