Pls Share everything about twins

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by CoolPie, Mar 1, 2013.

1. BerryPine

BerryPine Gold IL'ite

6yrs old!!!!You are really a great mommy..I salute:)

1 person likes this.
  2. BerryPine

BerryPine Gold IL'ite

Dear ssm & Viksha,
    Stop worrying in the first place.I never worried about my growing twins during my pregnancy.I worried about myself-to eat healthy and nutritious food,see good,hear good,listen good,
    All I was doing was being positive,reading lots of positive twin pregnancy stories(ofcourse from internet,videos too) I always prayed like god should give me enough strength to carry my babies full term:)
    And yes I went through few(more) emergency then and there and touchwood all faults on me and babies were growing super good.Dont let your weight go down at any point.

enough enough!! what am saying is just eat healthy(more protein that means MORE!!)(more calcium)
    Now-a-days i hear few more twin stories who are 2+kilos and in good health:)

So No worries:):)

To ensure good health to my babies I ate almonds,fried gram dal,green peas,b-protien powder(my mom bought from India) lots of greens(salads),veggies,fish,milk(all the mentioned in little quantity-everyday).I never stepped out from home without my milk,carrot and melons;-)

2 people like this.
  3. RenukaVimal

RenukaVimal Senior IL'ite

Thanks Berry....Its all like a dream!! Never in my wildest dream thought would hv twins...considering no history or twins in mine or hubby's family! and even more amazed that i got thru the toughest of toughtest phases...feeding...crying...potty training!! am sure u would agree that everyday was a challenge during the initial days and the one thought that kpt me gn during some very depressing times was 'This too shall pass!!'...and it did indeed!

Ssm,

Stay calm and just focus on yourself and eat and drink wht you feel like and what your body requires...not too much and not too less. I was 48 kgs whn i first found out that i was carrying twins...and lost 3 kgs in the first trimester due to severe nausea - didnt hv vomiting even once though! i hv always been petite and could not force myself to eat too much...i ate normal healthy food all throughout my pregnancy and by the end managed to reach 64 kgs. had the most smoothest pregnancy and infact my gynac sd she used to gv my example to her other expectant moms! i always thought positive and nvr worried too much unnecessarily. read loads of information on twin pregancies...birth videos...etc on the internet and get a good knowledge and mentally prepared yourself.

was advised to hv c-sec aft my 38th week as the babies were gtn too big and coz of my small frame cud not manage enough space for them and also coz my daughter was breech. they both weighed approx 2.5 kgs each and all went well :)

wish u good luck and hv a enjoyable pregnancy

Renu

4 people like this.
  4. Viiksha

Viiksha Silver IL'ite

Thanks so much Renu and Berry !
    Your replies are giving so much positive energy to me..
    Renu & Berry ..my height is 5'2 .. Do u think this may cause any problem?
    I am in my 15th week and my tummy has already grown up well...
    I am concerned about the less space in the tumy would cause any problem to babies..

5. RenukaVimal

Hi Viiksha,

i am only 5'3....and i dont think your height would be of any issue. Nature has a way to fit in 2 lil ones inside our tummy and they will hv enough space. With me, only during my 38 week scan,we were advised to go for c-sec as my boy was lying in a position wherein his tummy was getting cramped coz my daughter was occupying more space and was kinda mkng him a bit uncomfortable..and that is js purely coz of the way they hv moved around since the earlier scan and hd not chgd position aft that! and since they were alrdy of decent weights as per the scan it was agreed that it was best for the babies to cm out. dont worry....ur doc will help u with all your concerns and gv advice accordingly. gud luck

Renu

6. BerryPine

BerryPine Gold IL'ite

Dear,
    As far as your doctor is ok with your height/weight/health,you need not to think too far and invite the worries unnecessarily.Babies will be safely growing inside.Mommy should be healthy,positive,happy,motivated..
    Regarding space,babies surely will get enough space.They will take care of each other.You can never imagine how big your tummy would be!Even now I wonder how i managed that huge tummy on seeing my baby shower picture:)))

When my pregnancy was confirmed dr said 1sac is very smaller than the another.This continued even after 7weeks(after hearing the heartbeats) I always talk to my bbs.and told the baby 1 to share all foods which mommy eats eqaually with baby2 so that he/she an grow healthy like you and as soon you both born we will take you home soon and we will be happy together:)))) Crazy me;-)

7. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Renu and BerryPine for your replies

really gives confidence on carrying them through to 9 months and plus if possible...

I did see some pictures of women with 7 ms preg and was amazed does our stomach really expand that much ???

A cervical stitch has been placed for me and I am under moderate rest...

BP, even my baby shower (traditional) fn is scheduled in May...

wanted some tips..what did you guys wear ??\

I am bit heavy (before preg also) so hesitant to wear sarees, petticoat will not fit for sure..

what styles did you wear your sarees? and how did you manage the blouse/ petticoat fitting part...pls share some tips

8. RenukaVimal

ssm,

wore saree only once during the entire pregnancy...so i would not be the right person to gv u tips on that! i only wore t-shirts, tops, maternity pants etc! hp others here will be able to help u with this...

Renu

9. BerryPine

BerryPine Gold IL'ite

Yes dear,belly will grow really BIG,but it may differ person to person.I am also an overweight person.I wore saree for my baby shower which was planned during my 33rd week.I suggest you to have the shower early like in 7th month ,because that time belly wont be too big and heavy.
    I wore maternity tights beneath the saree as i couldnt tie the petticoat around:) and it was normal/regular style of saree draping.I couldnt even wear those beautiful glass bangles for a day as I had severe itching.

Throughout my pregnancy I used to wear maternity pants and tunics.On 5th month and during baby shower i wore saree.
    Stay hydrated:)

10. happyn25

happyn25 Bronze IL'ite

hi ladies ,
    i was a silent spectator of this thread and this thread seemed helpful , but now it seems silent .
    hw is evrybody doing ?? lets keep it active :)