Pls Share everything about twins

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by CoolPie, Mar 1, 2013.

1. chithirainilavu

chithirainilavu Gold IL'ite

Hi Jaya,

Congrats !! that your twin babies have completed one year. Don't have a second thought and just proceed to US and join your DH. I had taken my twin girls when they were just 9 months to Italy and infact they celebrated their first birthday there. Life will be easy when they are small because they will not be running around too much and will be in our hands, My DH had a training for 8 months and we joined with him. I got a twin pram, where the seats are adjacent to each other. I used to make them sit in that and feed all their meals, take them for an outing etc. Just plan your day including your bath, cooking, their meals, it will not be too difficult. With your mom around it should be more easy. I didn't have any one around, it was only me and my DH. Everyone were against our idea of taking them abroad without any help/ support. But we stood firmly as we wanted to be together in their initial days.

My routine was :

6 - 8.30 a.m. - get up, finish my bath routine, prepare coffee for us and milk for them. Mostly we used to have bread, upma, cornflakes for breakfast. DH will leave for office. I would have done with basic preparation for lunch
    After 8.30 - Kids get up, playing, just looking after them, give them a bath (one i will make her sit in the pram and give bath to the other and get her ready and then the next baby. i keep the pram near the door of the bathroom, so that they are in my eye sight), breakfast , snacks etc. Prepare lunch. They will be just crawling around or sitting in the pram near me.

DH comes for lunch, by that time kids would have finished their lunch, first he has and will take care of them and then i will have. Then we will try to put them to sleep and he leaves for office and i get little time for rest and other works like folding clothes, drying clothes.

Evening by 4.30 they get up and have their milk and snacks and i take them out inside our area itself. At 6 he comes back and then we take turns and look after them. Dinner time and off to bed.

If you plan and do, it will be more easy and less difficulties. Of course there will be some problems, kids might be cranky, crying, but nothing major and everything under control.

All the best:thumbsup, nothing is unmanageable.

shara

6 people like this.
  2. suganvijay

suganvijay Platinum IL'ite

Hi ChitiraiNilavu,
    Its so nice to hear it from you! :) :)

3. mathira

mathira IL Hall of Fame

Hay Shara,

Very useful tips dear & thanks a lot for sharing ur exp.. Btw, during the initial days, how did u manage both of them? Any schedule/planning for feeding, sleeping? Pls share that as well.. My twins are just 1month old.. both of them are crying mosly together.. & i don't know whom to take care.. especially in the nights, how did u manage oth of them? rite now i'm taking care of 1 baby & my momma is taking care of the another.. but wanna take care both of them.. pls share ur experience... Thanks again in adv..

4. Jayalasya

Jayalasya New IL'ite

Thanks for your reply dear chithirainilavu,

It is quite very encouraging post.you filled lot of energy in me.till now I thought it is impossible as my mom says that.but now I changed my mind.i also feel now that I can manage my babies.my DH loves our little daughters very much and he is missing us very badly.

Does they have their lunch while sitting in pram.for that i am taking them alaround my house.can you give me some tips regarding feeding.

5. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Shara

thanks for sharing your tips, gives twin moms like us confidence...

rt now, my twins are 2.5 months old and since they are premature (they were in NICU for 1 month), we have to wake them up every 3 hrs for feed...(they are not yet into demand feeding)...now my MIL, DH, me and mom take turns in managing them..but mom will go in 2 weeks...

I am bit jittery on how to feed both together esp when they are not yet holding their head properly...(Ramya, need your tips too...esp since your kids were also in NICU for long time like mine...)

also if i dont feed them as per schedule in an attempt to make them 'demand' food, it happens that maybe only 1 is hungry and other doesnt take...

I see / hear other babies sleeping for longer stretch say 5-6 hrs at a time.....wonder when my kids will come to that...

6. Jayalasya

Jayalasya New IL'ite

Hi ssm014,
    My delivery was in 31st week.babies weights were 1.4 & 1.8.they used to look very scary bcs of less weight.
    My mom Was there to help me always.she still there.till 5 th month it was hard time.bcs their timings were very odd.my mom used to take care of one baby completely, other one I used to.
    You have to make sure if any emergency comes there should always one person to help u bcs ur kids are too young.
    I used to be very much concerned about their health and hygiene.till they cross 9th month I was always in tension and very alert towards them.
    Now they are about to be 1year old.so i feel normal now.
    This was my experience.hope this helps you a little.

1 person likes this.
  7. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Jaya

even i delivered in 31 weeks and both were just 1.3 n 1.5 kg only...slowly putting on weight..

were your LOs kept in NICU..? how long were they there...

what was your feeding pattern, rt now we are feeding them every 3-4 hrs..small quantities..

...when did you start taking feed on demand..

8. Jayalasya

Jayalasya New IL'ite

Hi ssm0014,

Initially we used to feed then for every 3hrs like you.once they crossed 3months they used to cry for every 4hrs.my babies were not in NICU.but there was a continuous observation by doctor till 2months.weekly appointments were there.after that monthly.
    My doctor said after 3months not to feed them unless they feel hungry.once they enter into 4th month it will be a bit easy to u.

1 person likes this.
  9. Viiksha

Viiksha Silver IL'ite

Hi all ...
    Thanks all for ur replies. .they were very helpful...
    With all ur suggestion s ..I decided for c section nd its on this Friday ..
    I started my maternity leave from yesterday. ..
    Excited , nervous , happy worried etc. etc.

Hope everything goes well.. will update you when I can ..

Thanks!

1 person likes this.
  10. suganvijay

suganvijay Platinum IL'ite

Viiksha,
    Go with Courage Girl.. After all you are 95% done! You will have beautiful babies in hand who doesn't need any NICU and will be back home wit you in a day or 2 time . Our Prayers will be there for you! :) :) I'm so encouraged by the way you took the whole journey ahead! :)
    All the ery best and gud luck.. Loads of Baby Vibes to you! :)