Pls Share everything about twins

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by CoolPie, Mar 1, 2013.

1. chithirainilavu

chithirainilavu Gold IL'ite

Hi coolpie and ssm014,

Congrats for having twins. I have twin daughters, they are 3.5years old and they will be going to LKG now.

During pregnancy, even though i didn't have any complications, i took complete bedrest. Except for my regular checkups i avoid going out. Minimum cooking, my mom and mom-in-law took turns to take care of me. From day 1 of pregnancy, doctor was very clear, i should take care of me that delivery should not happen before 32 weeks and if possible stretch upto 37 weeks. He also to le me that Delivery will be C-section, in case by nature it happens to be a normal delivery let it be.
    I took badam every day soaked in water, pomegranate juice everyday. I was very regular in it, not even a day i missed it. Also all fruits, vegetables, milk, iron, calcium tablets. Regular blood test for sugar, thyroid, Hb count and also scan was done regularly. BP should be normal. In case of any complication also, medical field has improved a lot, so everything will be cured. Don't worry.

My babies were 2.8 and 2.75 during their birth. Any weight above 1.5 is normal it seems. Sleep a lot. Once the movement of the baby starts you have to monitor it regularly. I used to be scared, because doc used to say you will feel the movement of the same baby in two different places.
    Be happy during the pregnancy.

Bringing up twins for first six months, better you have some elders with you. Feeding also, doc advised you can feed both of them simultaneously. It is upto your comfort. I also gave them lactogen and nan. I also pumped milk and kept it in the bottle. You can manage, it will appear tough, but when you start handling, everything will fall in place.

Buy a twin pram, with seats adjacent to each other. It will be really helpful when you feed (after you start cerelac etc. , take them outside, giving a bath, one can be made sit in the pram and other can be given bath. It was a real boon for me.

shara

8 people like this.
  2. chithirainilavu

chithirainilavu Gold IL'ite

As they grow up, you will find ways to bring them up, as sumi said, make it a habit to feed them and put them to sleep at the same time. You will be little relived. Buying also i buy all two, certain things i buy differently. Food also i have made them have same taste , little bit of spice level will differ.

i can keep on writing about them

all the best gals

shara

3. BerryPine

BerryPine Gold IL'ite

Dont be afraid.Just be happy dear.It is not that difficult at all!! I bought clothes,diapers,baby beds,swaddles,mitten gloves,laundry detergent,mosquito nets in advance that too after 7 months. My kids are now 15 months.Just pray for healthy babies as of now:)

4. BerryPine

BerryPine Gold IL'ite

Yes thats ppl nature.Dont worry about anything.
    My pregnancy was kept secret until 3 months(except my parents and my dh's),and later we informed few of my close frnds and relatives but dint float the news that am carrying twins. The main reason for not sharing is this type of "oh how will you manage" "they will born as premies so choose a good hospital" blah blah
    I heard these two type of replies from 2 of our frnds and the negativity surrounded me.
    So I stopped sharing.Just concentrated on my beautiful butterflies growing inside to be healthy,full term and good weight.

From your ticker i can guess its a girl and boy! Mine is also the same:) In this case their need will be different my girl is very adjustable and less naughty compared to my boy.

By this type you should be enjoying the kicks,right!

tc:)

5 people like this.
  5. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

No dear I dont know the gender yet, but hoping for B-G combo...

dont want 2 boys fighting over the same bike or 2 girls over the same clip accessories etc..ha ha..

I am able to feel slight movement only on RHS but nothing so far on LHS..scan is scheduled only 2 weeks later..is there anything to worry...

1 person likes this.
  6. RenukaVimal

RenukaVimal Senior IL'ite

Hi ssm014,

Congratulations!!! I am a mother to 6 year old BG twins. Looks like you are really nervous :)....all i can say is don't worry!! it is definitely difficult raising twins....physically as well as emotionally demanding and draining...but if u r lucky to get some help...u cn manage without much issues. We have lived in 4 different countries by the time the kids turned 5...so u cn imagine wht i would hv gone thru!! unfortunately i did not hv any family help...but i think i managed alrt anyways ;-)....my guru was and is 'internet'!! joined many internet twin moms forums...and that helped me with ideas how to mk life easy. one thing i would like to advise is hv a timetable....try to do everthing together for the lil ones as much as possible...like feeding...gvn thm bath..nap times etc...it would really mk things much easier. looking back now...it all seems like a dream :)...life is definitely better now that they hv grown up...but i do miss those baby days ! gud luck and do ask fr any help or advice.

Renu

4 people like this.
  7. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

thanks Renu, BP and other for all your suggestions and tips...it looks 'doable' ..:)

by any chance is it common/ ok to feel movements only on one side and not on the other .....?

8. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Ssm dear, congrats :) you are blessed with a double bundle of joy..

It's tiring but definitely doable.. My best wishes for your kids..actually we prayed for twins.. Now My single little one is doing naughty cute things as much as two kids..

Be happy and healthy ;

1 person likes this.
  9. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Preethi

How are you and the LO doing...? what have you named her...

10. Viiksha

Viiksha Silver IL'ite

Hi Ladies !
    I am in 14th week of twin pregnancy. Doctor told all the reports are good.
    I heard about premature deliveries in twin pregnancies..Some how that thought is eating my head and I am worrried. As I have seen my neighbour delivered her twin babies prematurely and told me that health issues with babies..
    All Twins Moms.. Please tell whther u had full term and pre term ..? and anything about that..
    What precautions I can take to avoid pre term..
    I am working and I travel 20kms/day.