1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

pls help

Discussion in 'Indians in Toronto & vicinity' started by vinutha07, Feb 9, 2008.

1. vinutha07

vinutha07 New IL'ite

hi all,
    i have been a silent reader of the forums but today i am posting my problem
    actually i am pregnant i shud be happy but i am more tensedbonkwe are permanent residents here(its been 1 1/2 years since we came).we have a toddler and my husband has a new job so can't spare time with me.we don't have a family doctor too here.
    so in these circumstances i am thinking of delivering my baby in india.
    but i am worried abt the legal status of the baby.can i bring him back easily or does it involves a lot of procedures like again applying for passport and visa and time consuming.
    if anyone have gone thru this experience or if u know anything pls reply
    dont have many frds here so expecting suggestions frm il frds

pls reply
    vinutha
    toronto ,canada

2. fchaze

fchaze New IL'ite

before doing this check with your nearest settlment service agency or if you are entitled to any government benefits/they can link you up with any resources in the communtiy. i would feel better to bring someone over form india to help you than go to india yourself. you can get your child an an automatic citizenship if you deliver here. Also check out this link

Having a Baby - Benefits and Subsidies (Government of Ontario, Canada)

3. fchaze

fchaze New IL'ite

btw: who is looking after you (medical wise) if you do not have a family doctor? You need to get a family doctor or a obstetrician at the earliest irrespective of where you deliver..
    Doctor Search Main Page

4. fchaze

fchaze New IL'ite

congratulations on your pregnancy. i am not sure how pregant you are but you really need to get a doctor as a priority. preferably an obstetrician, while you decide what to do in future. the doctor will guide you as to diet, vitamen suppliments, tests etc that you should be taking at different stages of the pregnancy. You can locate a doctor who is willing to take you through the link below

Doctor Search Main Page

Before rushing off to india to deliver (and jeapordise the child's automatic citizenship) i would urge you to contact a counsellor in a settlment service agency who can guide you about options that you may not know about.. (special daycare subsedies, benefits etc). Also, can someone from your home (mom/mother in law/sister in law/sister) not come here to assist you with the baby instead of you going there?

5. fchaze

fchaze New IL'ite

This is my third attempt to reply to you so its a bit abrubt.
    1. Find a doctor as a priority. You can decide where to deliver later.
    Doctor Search Main Page

2. Find a counsellor who can guide you regarding all options (go to any settlemnt service agency in your neighbourhood).

3. Explore the option of geting someone here from india to help you instead of going

6. fchaze

fchaze New IL'ite

Ok i am going to try this again. First, you must be under the care of a doctor/OBG even if you plan to deliver outside Canada. Find one here Doctor Search Main Page

Second, if you deliver in Canada the child is an automatic citizen (so much easier than all the hassel of doing paperwork later). Have you explored all other options - maybe someone could come down from india to help you for a while. Also, speak to a settlment service agency in your neighbourhood. Maybe there are benefits (monetary or other) that you could apply for for daycare for the older one. Over all do not stress. It is not good for the baby. Take care of yourself.

7. vinutha07

vinutha07 New IL'ite

HI fchase,
    sorry i cudn't reply to u'r threads earlier.there were no replies so i didn't check the thread.thanks so much for taking time and replying and that too so many times.really appreciate u'r concern.
    and regarding me my health is not well,had an abortion,lost my baby.
    thanks so much for replying
    god bless
    vinutha

8. fchaze

fchaze New IL'ite

Sorry to hear about your loss vinutha.
    take care,
    f