1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Pls help to stay motivated!

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by shruthipraveen, Mar 23, 2013.

1. shruthipraveen

shruthipraveen Platinum IL'ite

I always start the day by counting the cal intake but somewhere along the day, round mid afternoon, I lose it all by eating a small pinch of laddoo or some sweet in the hse(I have managed to reduce to that much- earlier it was one whhole laddoo or 2-4good day biscuits) I always start off writing the calorie diary in the morning, then lose interest.

I've always been on the heavier side of life. But after my second delivery, the tummy is the toughest area- it hangs down like the hanging gardens of babylonia!!! It's genetic. My mother has the same kind of hanging tummy. :-((((

I feel lazy to do tummy exercises. I started off very well by doing 10 rounds of pavana muktha asana and a few crunches(all at 11pm after the kids sleep) and try to walk on the treadmill too. But some days I do nothing- just too tired to. My little boy still doesn't sleep through the night on all days. And now I don't diapers at night for him because I figured its one of the reasons he wakes up too often. Because the diaper is too full. But then again, I have to wake up frequently to change his top and trousers and put sheets after sheets on the wet area. All this leaves me with very little sleep. I cannot sleep in the noon either with my DD in the house.

Feeling fat, ugly, depressed and demotivated!!!!!

2. Minara

Minara Platinum IL'ite

Hey Shruthi..

Okay, forget calorie counting... It's too much trouble.. In the morning itself, just cut up your favourite fruit (mine's watermelon) and keep it in the fridge.. If you feel like having a small snack, have the watermelons or any other fruit and make sure you feel full.. It'll help to keep you cool during the summers too..

Also, if you eat something tht disrupts your diet, do not give up.. Stick to your diet after that also.. One small item of sweet is just going to get burnt up while you run behind your children..

And for meal times, fill your plate with 3/4 with veggies and 1/4 to 1/3 with rice.. And do not take seconds..

Another thing.. You seem to be surviving on very little sleep and that will do nothing to keep you motivated to lose weight or exercise.. You'd just be too tired.. As soon as your kids are asleep, go to sleep.. Forget the treadmill.. With small children, play with them some active game and that can be your exercise.. Put on some fast music and dance with them.. Hide and seek, police and robbers.. anything..

I think you should experiment with the diapers and find out which diaper can hold the most urine and use that specifically for nights.. Also, after your son sleeps, put for him socks on his feet.. It'll help him feel warm and not pass urine too much.. also will help with keeping mosquitoes away.. (These are tips to look after babies that I picked up from my sis.. I had to look after her first daughter while she went to deliver her 2nd child..)

About your hanging post-pregnancy stomach, maybe someone with more experience with pregnancy and children could help you out..

3. shruthipraveen

Thanks a lot for all the practical wisdom, minara. Will try to do- I just weighed myself and am happy to have lost 1/2 kg after being so long on the plateau!

1 person likes this.
  4. Helpmeplease127

Helpmeplease127 Silver IL'ite

Minara love your idea of cutting up a fruit in the morning and snacking all day. Shruthi you could also snack on some dry fruits they will give you energy and are not fattening. 3-4 almonds have onky about 25-30 calories and are all good fat. Also drink water when you feel like snacking and the urge goes away sometimes.
    Domt worry we all get demotivated because losing weight is not easy and there are too many temptations that are tough to avoid.
    I too have the overhang tummy after my second csection and its very hard to reduce it. My personal vice is sugar in tea and coffee. I love tea everyday and that too the tea has to be really sweet and lots of milk in it. I dont take sweeteners as they are supposed to be bad for health so I end up having this sweet tea one or two times a day. I am trying to cut down. What I am trying to say is we all struggle and pick ourselves up. Do remember that at least you are trying.

3 people like this.
  5. shruthipraveen

I've asked a friend on FB to check out on me daily. She lost a tremendous amt of wt- coz she manages everything from A-Z at home, 2 kids and is now working too. I live in a joint family- so there's a lot of work share.

6. thegirlygirl

thegirlygirl Platinum IL'ite

dear op,

do not do crunches, they are a waste of time.

there is nothing like spot reduction, your tummy will only reduce, when the overall fat percentage in your body drops.

i too have the same problem as you, i got it from my mother. my stomach also hangs down my waist, and also from the sides...and i am not even married.

unfortunately there is nothing much we can do about our body shape, sadly the way fat is distributed in our body is determined genetically, but how much is distributed depends on us, so try to reduce overall fat in your body by doing good workout... you can do pavan muktasan, that is fine.

1 person likes this.
  7. shruthipraveen

thegirlygirl, I've managed to reduce a lot of fat from the body- the tummy is always the last to go. I'm quite toned on the upper part(face, neck, arms, chest) and butt and legs. It's just this big fat belly that makes me look like a clown. Sigh sigh sigh!!!!!

I just can't hit the gym or emply a personal instructor as of now. :-((((

8. thegirlygirl

thegirlygirl Platinum IL'ite

dear shruthi,

congrats for losing so much weight!! it requires great determination and discipline.

could you please tell me how you managed to lose weight? i am trying to do the same.

did you eventually manage to reduce the fat on your belly?

after losing some kilos, i managed to lose a few inches on the stomach, but now it has just stopped reducing.

i hate to have a large belly, it looks bad, unfortunately in todays world, it's very important to look slim and toned, especially on the stomach....a big belly is a turndown, and people instantly dislike you.

have you checked yourself for pcos? that is one reason for accumulating too much fat on the midsection.

1 person likes this.
  9. Helpmeplease127

Helpmeplease127 Silver IL'ite

Shruthi just saw your ticker you lost 20 kilos. Thats a MASSIVE accomplishment. Pat yourself on your back for this. Great Job!