1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Pls help-threads in stool

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by mkclg, Jun 11, 2009.

1. mkclg

mkclg New IL'ite

Dear All,

I hope all moms r doing good with their LOs.I have nt been able to log in this forum for around 2 months.We have been relocated to a new city in MP ,ie,Bhopal on 1st April .Everything is settled now & hopefully i will be able to resume my work from 15th June.

I noticed some thread like non mobile sturctures while washing my son's poopy pants around a month back but i could nt interpret that they might be worms.They have been visible to my very frequently in his stool.Day before yesterday my maid told me that they r worms & today I m very tensed.I have washed his pants jst now & there were many threads presents in them otherwise Micky is doing ok but he has nt gained weight after his 1st bithday.He was of 11.8 Kgs at that time & now at 20 months he is of 12 kgs but I did nt pay much attention towards it coz Dr said toddlers gain only few gms in the 2nd year.He is nt suffering from gas or abdominal pain.We dnt purchase chocolates for him but he is very fond of sweets,chocolates etc & alwarys ready to eat whenever sum1 gifts these things to him.Pls let me know of they r really worms.Ppl r telling me that homeopathy has the best treatment for deworming.Pls guide me so that I may immediately start his treatment.I have never seen such threads when we were in indore.I m really feeling low for him coz whatever i am feeding him is eaten by worms.

Thanks,

Monica

2. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

Dont worry. They are not worms!!

If they are white/off white in color, they are strings of protein. Sometimes kids pass out protein in their poop. Not sure why but my doctor told me not to worry too much.

are the strands black in color? that would be caused by iron rich foods. my son has black strands in his poop whenever I feed him bananas as they are rich in iron.

also if I feed him lots of green veggies he will get strands of green stuff in his poop.

as they say what goes in must come out!

it is very good your baby is 12 kgs at 20 months. my friends son is 26 months old and is only 10 kgs!

3. mkclg

mkclg New IL'ite

Hi Pmahensa,

Thanks for ur reply.They are brown in colour ,yesterday they were present in the poop but today i cudnt nt see even a single one.You may be right coz day before yesterday ,he had bananas.
    Yeah,Micky has been at higher side of weight while his birth weight was only 2.6 kgs but he has nt gained any weight in the 2nd year.

I will take him to dr & let u know the updates.

Thanks,
    Monica

4. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

Stool tests? The WHO recommendation is automatic deworming every six months after 1st year, I guess especially since you have a domestic help who provides part-time care.

5. mkclg

mkclg New IL'ite

Dear Krithika,

Thanks alot.I will soon take him to the Dr & give the prescribed dose.Hows lil "K" doing?

Monica