1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Pls help me to make my mom happy:(

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by NandhuKish, Dec 26, 2012.

1. NandhuKish

NandhuKish Bronze IL'ite

My Mom is so sweet. she is so caring and loving not only within family.. but she extends this to our neighbours and friends.. he mom ( my granny) passed away when she was born.. Mom struggled a lot with her Stepmom until she got married.. but after mariage she is very happy with me and my brother birth.. she brought up us in a very cultured way.. we both are working now.. im married and expecting a kid in next 4 months.. Mom is taking care of me.. she is having 4 brothers who supported her and gave her all the hope before her wedding.. but now nobody is bothered how is she.. and all.. my mom just expects a caring word from all her 4 brothers that how is she and things going on.. But all her brothers are not even bothered to speak to her..My mom is crying daily thinking of those useless brothers.. other than that she is not having any issues in her life.. she is happy with my dad, bro, me and my husband...we all live happily.. i want my mom not to cry thinking of her brother.. we all spoke to her but unacle to convince when she breaks and cries..i myself contacted my uncles and tried to get them united with my mom.. but they are not bothered.. I duno how should take this sorrow from my mom's heart..

Pls suggest me friends..

2. jewel4u86

jewel4u86 Silver IL'ite

Dear,

i believe that relations should be of hearts and not words. no relations can be mended on the basis of force.

So its better u involve ur mom in activities in which she feels good. once she gets involved into activities then take some time and sit with her. and make her understand that nothing can be binding. we have to let go and let in. this is the part of life. so its good to accept what life brings instead of regretting or weeping.

regards,
    jewel

3. swamy24598

swamy24598 New IL'ite

I second jewel's post.
    Better you can involve in your mom's daily activities in some way or other helping her to finish her routine works and have discussion on various topics.
    Also family discussion with dad, brother and husband makes happy and worthwhile.
    Some outings to temples and long distance places, makes her to change her mind too.
    As these are all part and parcel of life, its our duty to take care of Mom, who cares for us.
    Sorry for this small piece of advice.
    GOD bless you all

4. NandhuKish

NandhuKish Bronze IL'ite

Thank you Jewel and Swami... I will do for sure:)

5. sunita23

sunita23 Silver IL'ite

You can ask you Mom to call them once or twice to know their well being, may be its the busy life and distance keeping them away from the feelings and the relationship......If your uncles are not bothered then your mom will understand this and slowly and gradually even she will start keeping distance from them...sometime its better to take the initiatives and gather your relatives.

Or else you can have a family get-together for dinner ..it might have some positive impacts on lost bondings.

6. chellammu

chellammu Silver IL'ite

The same as my mom, her brothers & her only sister doesn't care for her. Initially she felt very bad but now she doesn't react too much. I am sure that she still feels sad, she must have realized that love and affection cant me taught to people. They should feel it.

I will tell you, wait for four months and she will not have time to concentrate on anything else apart from her grandchild. Don't worry and stress yourself. Your mom will be alright!