1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Pls help me to grow the girl children

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by tuffyshri, Apr 20, 2013.

1. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

RAPE - of late this is the only word being published repeatedly in the news papers and channels. Age, status, innocence of the children is not being looked at but only the gender and the stuff between the legs. Where is our country going??? In this situation, I am getting these questions... how do I grow my girl children?
    1) If my daughter is reserved does it mean she would be a victim just because she is not aggressive? How about children who cannot talk?
    2) How much will she come up in life when I warn her not to mingle with strangers?
    3) Is learning martial arts going to be an answer.. ? How about physically challenged children?
    4) Should she only travel safely in our car so that she gets safely to the school? How long can that be done? How about children who cannot afford it?
    5) I am teaching her about Rape already... woah! she cant even spell the word.
    Too many thoughts are flowing in my mind, too much tears are blocking my vision... i cant really write whatever i want, but am sure you readers can understand what I am asking right?? pls help me... how do I get a lovely, self confident girls without much of psychological effects.

PS - I taught my elder DD about good touch and bad touch. She was doing fine only till the end. I asked her if she had any questions. She said 'Yes' and asked 'Ma.. what do you mean by strangers?' My God, should this innocence be spoilt???? Where is Lord Krishna to help? Did he get tired out of giving several sarees at the same time...

PS 2 - I am writing out of frustration and anger after reading what has happened to the 5 year old in Delhi. I think it is high time that we revise the punishment levels. The Nirbhaya case has been completely table-turned. SHAME!

2. dvl

dvl Silver IL'ite

SHAME...this one word sums it all !...

3. Juli.M

Juli.M Senior IL'ite

My eyes are watering when I read this..
    When we were growing up, we did not face such massive threats...Only after puberty Mom and other female relatives used to tell that, "you should be careful about talking to strangers". Now we don't know at what age we should start talking about this to girls.
    By the way, i have a 2 yr old girl..After all the recent happenings, I am worried a lot about the same...

4. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

dvl - yes! still the govt is debating about the punishment

Juli - Juli, this post is more towards that only. How do all of us who have girl children will ensure the safety of our kids.