Pls Help Me Take A Decision With Job..

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by sweetygal, Feb 10, 2017.

1. sweetygal

sweetygal Bronze IL'ite

I m presently working with a private firm with 1 hour travel from husbands home. Now i have got a government job away from here. I have a 5 year old and now i m pregnant.My hus is working away comes weekly only. My present pvt job provide 3 months maternity leave with NO PAY. tHE LEAVE POLICIES ARE STRICT.I don't know how can manage small baby after my delivery and leave as baby will be 1 hour away from office.
    i M THINKING OF GOING WITH GOVT JOB AS THEY PROVIDE 6 MONTHS MATERNITY LEAVE AND enough leaves. But its away from husbands home.
    1. should i go away with children for my govt job when i wud need family with a small baby? I think i can manage with a full time servant as i did earlier with my first baby.

2. I wud like to get away from in laws :grin: since we r in joint family,which i don't know is a good decision.
    I wud like to have a home of my own.

3.My present pvt job has no sure guarantee of my job.In future if i lose my job,I don't want to regret leaving a govt job.

Now pls help me take a decision.I m planning to talk to our office reg leave policies since i have a second option now.

2. sumzaya

sumzaya Gold IL'ite

Of course Govt job... Since u can afford a servant or caretaker, there is no need to stick on the pvt job. And luckily u got a chance to live independently which u longed for:tonguewink:... Only concern is u r pregnant so shifting and other matters until getting settled may give u a little stress but thnk of the future u gonna get... so go on..

KashmirFlower likes this.
  3. penpaal

penpaal Gold IL'ite

First of all congrats for getting govt job. :blush:

Definitely you should go for govt job.your life will be more secured ( far from in law's ;) ) . You will get pension once you are retired which makes your future also settled .Job security and leave benefits .Also I think job pressure will be less compare to private job.

About the babyies .Will it be possible for your parents to come and help for few months ? Else get a full time maid who is trustworthy.

All the best!

4. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Go for the govt job.
    Set up new home .Can husband get a job/transfer near the new job place?
    Can your parents come and help you out for some time?
    What is your husband's opinion on this issue?

5. sweetygal

sweetygal Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for the replies..As u know , I would really like to take this job.
    My husband is 50-50 mind. He is bothered as My salary in the beginning years is gonna be less compared to pvt. Plus he says it ll be tough for me to be away from in laws. Of course, their support will be good but I will be far happy other wise
    He is trying to come back to his hometown in his job. So he s asking y I want to go away, which u can easily understand. My parents r old enough that they can't help much.
    The only real sadness for me is thinking about my 5 yr old who ll miss the family and will be alone

6. yellowmango

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Metamorphic likes this.
  7. indrajaram

indrajaram Senior IL'ite

Go for govt job.initially salary is less but lot of facilities you can avail maternity leave ,child care leave,job security .

8. sweetygal

sweetygal Bronze IL'ite

I think it's good to go with govt job. May be my son will adjust away from in laws.

9. yellowmango

Will you also be able to adjust without your husband? OP think about everything and everyone before taking the decision.Will your children be able to live without their father?
    Will you be able to manage alone with two small kids?

anika987 likes this.
  10. suasin

suasin Gold IL'ite

Go for the govt.job.. Arent you eligible for transfers after certain years in govt jobs too? Anyway, i think you get upto an year on maternity leave that you can spend with H& son. If he can or you can get transfers accordingly, you can be with your H in about two years?

As long as you are there to spend evenings and mornings with your son, he will be happy with caretakers and school and friends otherwise.