pls help me.... Need advice on changing name on the passport.

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Manjujoseph, Jul 7, 2014.

1. Manjujoseph

Manjujoseph New IL'ite

Hi friends,

I am a converted christian from 2004 and changed my name from Manju Thattil Giri to Caroline Manju in church records. But in my academic papers and my passport are stating my name as Manju Thattil Giri. After my wedding our church issued the marriage certificate under my church name (Caroline Manju).

Now the issue starts

1. I m working in Qatar under the sponsorship of a airline company.
    2. I m planning to change my sponsor ship to my husband but my passport and marriage certificate indicate two names .
    3. I went to indian embassy Qatar to add my spouse name to my passport. They didn't let me to do as the issue different names.
    4. Soon after our wedding (jan 2014) we thought of changing my name as CarolineManju and we gave an advertisement in gazette India staying that I got converted and my name is Caroline manju.
    5. I bought those name change papers to do name change here in qatar . now the name changing process will take long time in Qatar ( my qatar residence ID is under my passport name) .so We are not planning to change my name. Thinking to stick on my passport name.
    6. I got another document from India - it s an affidivit saying manju thattil giri and manju Caroline are the same person. But embassy didn't accept that document. They said it has only a local lawyer signature.

My questions are:-
    1. Is it possible to reissue the marriage certificate under my passport name. (Since only my marriage certificate says my name as manju Caroline)
    2. In case if I m changing my name as manju Caroline . How will I carry my educational documents under my maiden name . Do I have to name change in all my certificates.

Pls help me me friends I need to fix this soon....

2. littl

littl Platinum IL'ite

Don't go for rules and confusions .. with all my knowledge i suggest you follow the process of reissue ( Lost/damage). in this case you need to submit all the documents again and you will be offered a new passport with modified details how ever you submit the documents. so good luck and reply back once you are done :thumbsup