1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Pls help me -Feeling very low

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by mkclg, Apr 30, 2010.

1. mkclg

mkclg New IL'ite

Dear all,

I have been a working frm home Mom since last 2.5 yrs after my delivery but I preferred to work on compromised salary & job responsibilities.I have got an opportunity with a good firm whrein salary & job responsibilities quite attractive & if I manage to stay there even for 1-2 yrs,It will give me a good growth & exposure also.I have already accepted the offer & will be joining them from 3 rd May.The job invloves traveling & touring not very frequently but at least once in a month.There are some places I can leave early morning & come back by night but some places require to be stayed overnight.Ours is a nuclear family & my son has been taken care by a babysitter who takes care of him very nicely.
    My husband is comfortable with my travelling & he assured me that he will come back from his office early & take care of kid & for rest of the day babysitter is there.I accepted the offer happily coz my job profile in the previous company was very frustrating,no salary hike,no growth etc.

Unfortunetely my husband has been asked to take a transfer at a near by place (90 kms far) & he is supposed to stay there only.I am so much confused if I have taken the right decision of joining a new co.Who will take care of my kid when I am on tour & hubby is also not there?How will I manage everything new job,new challanges,travelling ,work stress & my kid without my husband.His grandparents has assured me that they can come down in case of such emergencies but still I am feeling low & weak.

Pls advise me & share ur experiences if any working mom is handling sales & marketing job & travelling also & managing everything alone.

Thanks in advance,
    Monica

2. radhikrish

radhikrish Silver IL'ite

Dear Monica,

the best and only permanent option , as far as I feel , is to ask the grand parents (are they your parents or your dh's?) to come and stay with you for some period say until your hubby is transfered back to your city. If you have to go and stay outside the city on tours, it will be impossible to leave a small baby at the mercy of baby sitters , without any supervision from any member of the household. Better keep a baby sitter and enagage some outside servant for other chores and make your parents/ inlaws stay for a year of so ,until your son starts going to school
    Best wishes to you on your new job

Radhi

sindmani likes this.