pls help. follicle ruptured. what next???????????

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by gayathrirajan87, Jan 5, 2015.

1. gayathrirajan87

gayathrirajan87 New IL'ite

Hi all,

I have PCOS and TTC for 2 years. Did HSG test and found that my right tube is blocked. My Doctor said that it is not a problem as one tube is enough for getting pregnant. But my question is i had a follicle in right side this time (now 1dpo), and is there any problem as my right tube is blocked.?? my doc says that follicle will move to left side. is that true?? do i have any chances of getting pregnant this month?? Pls reply

2. WiniPooh

WiniPooh Gold IL'ite

HI Gayathri...usually the follicles grow in alternate ovaries each cycle. While not having one tube can be difficult as it nullifies one set of probability, the success is very much possible on the other side. What would be good is that you monitor 2 to 3 cycles with ovulation induction on clomid tabs to see the growth, ovulation, etc and then your doc can appropriately guide you further. Best wishes with your journey!

1 person likes this.
  3. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

I have heard abt cases wherein inspite of ovulating on the wrong side tube,the other good tube manages to catch the fertilised egg and implants the same.If i were you i would address the problem of pcos from a more holistic point of view.Yoga,accupuncture regular fertility cleansing.Losing weight should be the topmost priority ,that is if you are overweight.Once the symptoms of pcos is under check,i would try naturally for few months,by finding out the correct ovulation time by charting.Charting is the only reliable way to find out whether you are ovulating,of course a scan too.If things dont work out in these months i would push for a fertilty treatment.