1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

pls guide me moms !!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by mommy, Mar 13, 2012.

1. mommy

mommy New IL'ite

hi everyone,
    am the mother of 5 year old boy and the problem is he is having higher energy levels ..thats been a big headache for me now

as he is hyper,he roams around the classroom and not sit in one place...he completes his classwork in 2 min and the rest 8 min he plays in the class....what his mam says that:try to burn his extra energy levels so that he will be calm in the class as he is a very bright student in nursery...as i was not healthy since so many months i didn't take her words seriously and now it became a problem that:recently since 1 month he is going for annual day practice and got a complaint from a teacher that he is hitting other kids and not listening to her words at all..i really felt bad and tried to councel him,,he is listening to me at home and he was lieing that he is not hitting anyone...we are from south and he is not good at hindi.,and everyone try to avoid him...i dont say this is the reason...i was really down as i searched so many sites about hyperactive kids and trying to burn his energy levels and councelling him not to hit any one...
    i dont support him but..he doesn't hit her lill sis and share everything...he becomes angry only when she disturbs him when he is busy in studies or something....pls moms pls share your advices so that i can go accordingly...as to put my son's energy levels in a right track...i cannot hit him pls
    pls advice me

ram

2. anuraj92

anuraj92 Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

i can understand what you are going through. My friend also had the same problem with her son. These kids are very hyper. She tried everything but it had no effect on him and he used to even hit elders who visited their house. Then finally she took him to some training institute where the kids are counselled and taught how to control their anger and how to behave etc. It is a kind of treatment and it did have a great effect on him. He has changed a lot and is very calm and quiet now a days. You too can check for such institutes where they train the hyper kids in your area or u can consult a doctor or counselor and he may be able to guide you.
    Dont worry he will be fine soon but u need to take some steps for his change. All the best and take care.

3. JaishKaran

JaishKaran New IL'ite