1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

pls advise reg cervical spondilities, neck and other pains

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by moralchennai, Aug 19, 2014.

1. moralchennai

moralchennai New IL'ite

hi

I am 32 yrs old Female, 2 yrs back i got problem of cervical spondylities, i wear a neck collar, initially it was severe, then after rest for few mths , it was ok, again i got it now, i am going for physiotheraphy, my scan report says C2 to C7 disc bulge, before I was working and past two years after this problem i am not working. usually i have pain in my arms and this time my fingers and palm backside & my foot are paining. any valuable advise on exercises, treatment, doctors, precautions.

Thks in advance
    moral chennai

2. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Don't wear tight fit blouse as it gives pressure to the nerves at the back of the neck.when the nerves get jammed you get pain from shoulder to toe.Physiotherapy is the only remedy for cervical spondilitis.Avoid carrying water filled vessels and do the exercise refered by the physiotherapist.This is my own experience.i am having this problem from the age of 27 and now i am 60.if you have untolerable pain use painkiller according to your doctor's advise.

1 person likes this.
  3. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

For bulging discs and a shoulder injury(torn rotator cuffs) I underwent physiotherapy for 7 months. Afterwards, I was supposed to start strength training exercises to build muscle in the neck and shoulder but haven't but I still do all my physiotherapy exercises regulsrly(not Just when the pain comes back). I also use all the caution they taught lifting/carrying/using my hands/shoulders in general. I also sleep in the position they taught me in. I still have the pain from time to time but a massage with tiger balm and a warm bath/bag relieves some of the pressure. I take the occasional pain killer but only as a last resort after the pain has been around for days and is unbearable.