1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

pleeeaaaseee!!!!!!! Please suggest me ways to combat my infertility coz of pcos...

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by 6teenpearls, Oct 5, 2012.

1. 6teenpearls

6teenpearls Gold IL'ite

Re: pleeeaaaseee!!!!!!! Please suggest me ways to combat my infertility coz of pcos..

hey can you just explain why we should not take rice??

@SGA:: hey you shud see a doc!!!

2. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

Re: pleeeaaaseee!!!!!!! Please suggest me ways to combat my infertility coz of pcos..

one bowl of white rice could increase insulin levels.

I would suggest if you want to eat rice,eat in the afternoon but night eat chepathi with more curry and that too eat 2-3 hours before the bed time.

I am big fan of vegetables.So changing diet is not big deal for me but I have more craving towards the sugar which is not good sign.

Start your day with protein.That will reduce your cravings.Just eat some nuts or egg and eat breakfast.Use more of toordal if you are eating idli or dosa.Or green gram.

Lunch-eat more curries than rice.More dal and curies.

Dinner - Chepathi and more curries and eat early.In between look for healthy more fibre food.It takes sometimes to understand what you like and to change the schdule.After sometime you will be ok.

I also make just chenna chat and eat.And also black chenna for snacks.Oats and barly is good as well.But start with reducing rice and then you can try other food/items later.

I have been eating brown rice for more than 2 years.Even now I feed to my kids as well.If you living with your husband without in-laws then it might be easy for you to try different things.If you are living in big family then it may take sometime to do some changes to your diet.

3. SGA

SGA IL Hall of Fame

i was bored of all tablets ...so not taking any more tablets .... i know that i need to reduce waistline so working on it .....doctor told me not to take metformin tablets

pearl
    google on net and you will find that white rice is Bad for PCOS instead try having brown Rice

white rice or potatoes can cause a rapid increase in insulin, which can result in future health problems such as type-2 diabetes. For this reason, you are encouraged to eat complex carbohydrates such as whole wheat and brown rice, which causes a slower rise in insulin.
    B]

Read more: A Sample Diet For Pcos | LIVESTRONG.COM

4. 6teenpearls

6teenpearls Gold IL'ite

thankyou so much priya & sga.. I live in a big family but i will try my best to cut on my rice cravings. Nothing is a greater barrier for me .. Its just the rice!!
    Coz i am not a junkei nor i like sweet things much.. So its the only thing i will work out on..

Thnx again..

5. swarnathulasi45

swarnathulasi45 New IL'ite

hi,
    i am newly joined one. i saw all your questions. actually i too looking fat and my waist too. i just banana tree stem (vazhai thandu). as you are southie you may know about this. take rice for lunch not for dinner. also take only country vegetables like, bottle guard ie., all water rich vegetables and fruits, brinjal, lady's finger etc., this will help to reduce your weight. do yoga regularly without fail. also have heavy confidence in you that you can succeed in this. avoid beverages even tea, coffee. take lemon tea twice a day this will help to reduce weight. best of luck.

1 person likes this.
  6. coolblues

coolblues Platinum IL'ite

Hi All:

Since people with PCOS have high sugar levels, it is important to concentrate in regulating sugar in the blood.

1. Even a 5% decrease in weight helps a long way in treating PCOS.
    2. Have a good balance of carbohydrates and protein in your diet. Studies show that women on a high protein diet lose good amount of weight and fat. You must aim to get 40% of energy from protein, 30% from fat and remaining from carbs. Egg whites, paneer (cottage cheese), legumes are few high protein foods.
    3. Follow a low glycemic diet with spinach, fruits, salad, wheat crackers etc.
    4. Fat wise, choose monounsaturated fats, such as canola oil, olive and nuts.
    5. You must also focus on getting enough physical activity to rev up your metabolism with aerobic and weight training exercises.

Hope this helps.

1 person likes this.
  7. 6teenpearls

6teenpearls Gold IL'ite

hey coolblues.. Thanks for tipping in..

I have a querry..

Today is my CD 34, but yeasterday had a lot of ovulation like symptoms, EWCM, tender breats, cramps . So it it possible i ovulated yest?

And if so, then what's next? Period will come or pregnancy can occur??? Please do reply

8. 6teenpearls

6teenpearls Gold IL'ite

and yes.. Could this be pregnancy symptoms???
    Plz helpppppp

9. coolblues

coolblues Platinum IL'ite

Am sorry 6teenpearls, that I am unable to answer this query ... I understand how anxious you must be..

Request gynecologist in the forum to give a professional advice for
    this..

Personally, I will wait for few more days before I could visit my doctor..

10. 6teenpearls

6teenpearls Gold IL'ite

thank you so much coolblues.. ;)