1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Pleasures Of Bed Tea - My second Innings !!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Deepali_deepali, May 18, 2009.

1. Deepali_deepali

Deepali_deepali Gold IL'ite

EXACTLY, :exactly:most of you were right. It was that I got married. Between new responsibilities, I almost forgot those bindaas days, my bed tea. As every girl does , I also tried to become, what we say an " adarsh bahu"Bow, so woke up early, took bath and made morning tea for everybody. I woke my DH with a cup of tea and a loving kiss and then engaged myself in daily house chores. It continued for months, as I thought it is not good to expect bed tea from hubby or in Laws . Even my DH , you can say dominates in the home. So because of his dominance and love, I had no qualms for not having it. Well, soon I adjusted to new family and their habits.

But as they say - first love and first habit are rarely forgotten. My deep seated wish of having bed tea started arousing, after few months.( As I never took bath without having a tea). But I also knew it was next to impossible.

After one and a half year, it was when I fell sick and best part, in laws were not at home, I founded this hidden talent of my hubby. He woke me up with a cup of hot tea. AH, what a lovely sight, my dream came true. I was so happy..:queenThe whole day was pleasant for me.. I swear this is my weakness and my hubby can resolve any fight just by this simple trick.

Now, I knew the chance was definitely there. I can emotionally make him to make tea for me...Once I had this unbearable pain in stomach in the morning and I requested him to make tea for me and HE DID IT !!! Now I knew the trick and you ladies can guess it ????? But still the more you get the more you are unsatisfied. I wanted my bed tea daily.

God definitely had a soft corner for me during those days. My DH decided to join gym and then my dream came true finally. The timings were 5.30 am and I woke up at 6.30 - 7 am. As he has to rise early, he woke upm at 5.15 , hit gym and came back, made tea and and then woke me up by 7. O MY GOD, I was so pleasantly surprised. This happened daily.( May be he loved to see his sleeping beauty before giving her a tea). My golden days were back. My mornings were so pleasant.. I was enjoying those days.

BUT ALAS !!!! DH stopped going to gym after two months:eek..and my lovely mornings were gone....

I was back to the earlier routine. Back with the bed tea for my sleeping beauty.. But HOLD ON, i have not stopped playing my tricks on him.

( Though I am trying a lot to bring his attention towards his growing tummy.Let's see when he does that !!!!!!)

2. sigmabeta

sigmabeta Bronze IL'ite

Haha!! Deepali enjoy yourself!! Good one!!

3. Deepali_deepali

Deepali_deepali Gold IL'ite

Hey Syama,

Thanks for the comments ya..

4. Ruhi

Ruhi Senior IL'ite

Hey Deepali,

You made me laugh..really nice one yaar .

Luv
    Ruhi

5. madhurisatya

madhurisatya Silver IL'ite

6. veen

veen Senior IL'ite

Hi Deepali,

Good one, made me smile !

veen

7. niranjana69

niranjana69 New IL'ite

Hey Deepali,
    Lucky you........hope you get lucky again............those i think are the simple pleasures of life........:)

8. muzna

muzna Silver IL'ite

Hey
    Good for you.....
    but still its so sad that we just cannot say that this is what I like , so this is what I want early in the morning. I wish it could be so.

9. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

haha deepali..do not push your luck too far..:)
    hey, your dh is so sweet i am sure you can ask him to do it on certain days maybe on weekends or something ,if it means so much to you..
    love
    Mindi.

10. hydgrr

hydgrr Bronze IL'ite

Hi Deepali,
    wonderful write up...even i miss my bed tea after i came to US. when i was in India my mom used to always wake me up with bed tea and a huge smile of hers which would make my day...now i miss that daily :(...i hve to make my own tea after getting up
    -priya