Please suggest treatment for alcoholism

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by TPriya, Aug 27, 2011.

1. TPriya

TPriya New IL'ite

Hi All,

I am new to this forum. It is a very good and useful site for all.

Any one of you can suggest me a solution to stop alcohol completely, using any method of treatment. One of my relatives is struggling with the same. If possible, doctors also can respond to this thread which may be useful for many. Or any home remedy for the same without any side effects.

Eagerly waiting for any response at the earliest.

Thanks

2. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Hello TPriya,

Was just browsing and came across this link Alcoholism: Alcoholism treament, symptoms and causes
    Thought you might find this useful.

Moreover, I personally feel that more than anything else, it is the will-power and determination to overcome the habit that helps the most. Maybe your relative can go through a counselling session with a trained counsellor who will be able to convince him about the evil effects of alcohol. Once he is convinced, then the process will be a lot easier. The support of the family members is also a must.

Wish you good-luck for this noble cause...

3. TPriya

TPriya New IL'ite

Hi Gurbani

thank you so much for your valuable suggestions and the link. I will go through that link.

4. umaakumar

umaakumar Finest Post Winner

Dear Priya,

There is no treatment for alcoholism. Doctors can only help with counseling & de tox. The alcoholic has to understand that he is helpless over the situation and then decide to quit. Otherwise it is a useless exercise to visit doctors / hospitals and counselors. I might sound very negative, but this is the fact. However hard you try to convince these alcoholics to quit, they always bounce back within a short time, they are out of the hospital.

I too have someone close who is/was in the same situation and has ruined his life. But thank god he is now clean for the past one year

Regards,
    Uma

1 person likes this.
  5. ndta26chennai

ndta26chennai Gold IL'ite

T.T. Ranganathan Clinical Research Foundation (TTK Hospital, Chennai), a pioneer centre established in 1980, treating and rehabilitating persons addicted to alcohol and other drugs over the last two decades.
    visit Treatment and Rehabilitation of Alcohol and Drug Addicts - TTK Hospital, Chennai. you can get all details

still iam providing the basic info,
    T.T. Ranganathan Clinical Research Foundation (TTK Hospital) 17, IV Main Road, Indira Nagar, Chennai-600020. India. Telephone:91-44-24918461, 24912948, 24416458, 24426193 91-44-24420846, 24420821 Fax: 044-24456078 E-Mail: ttrcrf@md2.vsnl.net.in ttrcrf@eth.net ttrcrf@gmail.com

6. TPriya

TPriya New IL'ite

Hi Uma,

Thank you for your suggestions. What you said is correct... let me try my level best.

7. TPriya

TPriya New IL'ite

Hi,

Thanks a lot for giving such useful information. I will inform this to him.

8. healthonmove

healthonmove Gold IL'ite

Men have higher average total body water content than women. This means men can dilute alcohol better than women. Enzyme differences also make women more sensitive to alcohol. So women are more at risk than men from same level of drinking.

How much is too much of drinking for women?

9. miketyson

miketyson New IL'ite

Alcoholism can be treated with a help of hypnotism. i have heard many thing about that and many example too. it is one of the effective method to avoid alcohol.

10. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

This is a best option avaibale for curing, firm determination of the person, good help from the next of kin and the counsellors at the TTK foundation has very good results, I have known people who have responded positively and negatively also, Best of Luck, May Almightly help them too