1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Please suggest some home remidies for Depression

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by babyvalue, Dec 15, 2009.

1. babyvalue

babyvalue New IL'ite

Hi Friends

Please suggest some home remedies for depression. Since last few days my husband is feeling very depressed. He is having sleepless nights, mild headache, loss of appetite. We went to the doctor & did a complete check up like ECG, Chest X-Ray & blood test. All came out well. Only his BP is elivated 144/99. He is taking BP tab ( 5mg only).
    From my side I am trying my best to support him mentally. Some of the reasons i could figure out is as follows.. Please give your suggestions

1. Last 2 months we travelled a lot internationally. Our bodies have been through different time zones.

2. My husband has a high profile job into IT sector with investment bank.. so work related stress is also there. But he really enjoys his work & is very successful professionally.

3. My MIL is a big issue between us. She is always trying to squeeze her son financially. She basically wants me to be with her & take care of things like a maid & her son will work & send all his salary to her ( please note they dont have any financial problems . they are very well to do family.). Always she will start talking about how iresponsible I am . She always forgets whatever work I have done but will create an issue with the one or two tasks not done. When I visit my in laws I get up at 5 in the morning & work all day upto late night taking care of all their needs still she has complains. My SIL is a regular visitor in my in laws place. She stays there almost 11 months round the year. They create all misunderstandings.

4. We are married for last 6 years. Trying too have a baby since last 2 1/2 years but it did not happen. Physically as per doctors we both dont have any problems which will stop us from concieving.

Please advise friends ... Need your help

2. rosegirl

rosegirl Bronze IL'ite

I really feel you guys should drop everything and take a vacation for 2-3 weeks without any tension, work pressure and have a good time.

Sometimes the solutions for big problems are really small. Obviously both are stressed out, both are burning the candle at both ends and always having things to do in your minds.

Just take a vacation and chill. I am sure, you will be relaxed and charged. Just cut all contacts with outside world

3. priyasuresh11

priyasuresh11 Senior IL'ite

Hi,

Now in your life child is the prime thing.Focus on that.Whoever you feel is bringing stress to you keep yourself away from them.Being in a foreign country I don't think it will be a great deal for you guys.Keep yourself cool.

If you keep yourself stressed then the process of of getting pregnant will be delayed.For that only as a couple you two only have to suffer.Think about it.Just second the other things.Don't take it to your mind.Try to stop interacting with the people who bothers you.Cooooooool.

4. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

The herb St. Johns Wort is helpful for depression and without side effects. You can google to find out about it.

5. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

I suggest Yoga and meditation, It works fine and gives atleast 70% results.

But u should first practise under a trained yoga instructor, My DH practises very day and the results are amazing. MY Dh is in marketing field and was very stressed and tensed because of his job, he was under severe pressure from his higher authorities, same as your DH he suffered from head ache, fatigue and depression, but practising yoga changed it all. We were lucky to get a personal trainer but now we can practise on our own.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  6. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

I have a grandma tip to share:
    Line down straight on your back.
    hands on the side... with both hand index fingers pressing against respective thumb... its highly relaxing.

However for overall depression to go away the inherent wishes need to be fulfilled & you need to find ways to achieve them.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2009
  7. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

Dear..
    no tablets. just love and relaxed mind..
    yoga is a good remedy

8. newsweetwaves

newsweetwaves New IL'ite

Ok lots of music will help you. Meditation is also great way to cope with stress. Lots of people do not realise lack of B complex will also cause stress. Please try and take B complex tablets which has all forms of B's. Learning to switch off the brain that's upsetting you is also a great way to handle things. If anyone is upsetting you, see that person as an invisible person its amazing how you will change. If you look at that person as invisible how can they upset you. Someone taught me this trick and it works.

St john warts can cause problems and intervene if you are trying to fall pregnant. I strongly suggest to keep away from St John's wart as it interferes with lots of medication and you should always tell your doctor when taking St John's Wart. One of my friend had major problems by not letting the doctor know about it. The pamphlet clearly explains everything and you must tell doctors about it. good luck. and take care.
    Tell OM SAI RAM as much as you can and it will also help.

9. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

At night have a black out time, for an hour or more before you both go to bed.

No tv, no computer, no cell phone, no electronics, etc.

Spend that extra time together laying in bed with some relaxing dim lighting (or candles) and talk about your day, dream about the future together, or even sit in silence and enjoy the quiet together. Basically, release your tension and calm your mind before attempting to sleep. Me and my dh do this when we can, and believe me, it works well.

It has been proven that tv or computer usage before bed time is too stimulating for the brain and can make it harder to fall asleep and stay asleep.

If either of you are having less apetite, don't force food. Have some light soup and sandwhich until hunger returns.

And as for the baby part, let me offer a frank suggestion. You don't have to reply to it or anything, just consider the possibility. ... If your dh or you are overly stressed, sex is probably not going to happen very often. That's natural. Even in my own life, if dh has a million things on his mind, our love life takes a hit. So if you are trying to conceive, I think you should both RELAX and free your mind. The other ladies have suggested great ways to do that, like yoga or a vacation (which I think you should DEFINITELY take). No visit to family or inlaws... it should be the two of you taking a vacation to spend relaxing time together. Get pampered!

Ok, enjoy the holiday season and vow to start the New Year as a cooler, chilled out, stress free gal! :thumbsup

10. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

There was period like this at one point in our marriage (though we had been married for only 2 1/2 years). Either you can rely on chill-pills or you can try to deal with it your way.

If you have time, try to cook something special for him every day....men like tasty food:) My husband likes me in saree's a lot. so I used to wear saree's everyday for him when we both are at home. Another tip is that make sure to have the home clean. That will have a lot of impact on your mind.
    Also see if you can take up a home-improvement-project where you can both work together? Like painting your bedroom? That way his mind will be diverted from work? These things will also help him realize that work pressure will always be there but there is more to life than work.
    It is also believed that stress will have a huge impact on your pregnancy.