Please suggest how to create a content/technical writing portfolio?

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by soumyapr, Jun 18, 2011.

1. soumyapr

soumyapr Senior IL'ite

Hi, I want to create a technical/content writing portfolio to be able to show to interviewers.

I want to get a writing job maybe as content writer or technical writer trainee. For this I want to create a portfolio. Please give suggestions how to do it? Does writing in a blog count? Can you please suggest any other way to make a portfolio?

Recently I applied for a job where they needed someone to write about gadgets and electronics for an online shopping portal. I want to write something where I can demonstrate writing skills for such a job. Can you suggest what to write and how to write it. Can you give any links to reference from? What are some important points to remember when writing about things like cameras, etc.

Thank you any help will be great!

2. racr

racr Platinum IL'ite

Hi again!
    There are two IL ladies who are already into Content Writing and doing a great job at it! Please refer to posts by Vandana Rajesh and Menakaa in the Work from Home section.They have written great posts with helpful hints/tips for content writing. Pls have a look and ask them for ideas too.

Well, blogging definitely helps.You should consider that option.

Just out of curiousity,what are the pre-requisites/details for the job profile you are talking about,the one you applied for.Am also looking out for oppurtunities in this line,but dont have a degree in english as such. Don't worry,I won't apply for this job;)!!

1 person likes this.
  3. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Racr,

Search for "writer" "content writer" in Naukri. You will find many openings. Make sure you have a sample of your writing, about 500 words on any topic.