1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

please suggest a moisturiser

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by KPNanju, Jan 8, 2010.

1. KPNanju

KPNanju New IL'ite

hi all,
    please suggest me which moisturiser can i use during winter. I am getting pimples on my face due to room heater. I have used aveeno and Vaseline but it didn’t help. Appreciate your advice on this.

2. paru72

paru72 Silver IL'ite

hi,
    instead of a mosturiser;if almond oil is available ;plz use that.it removes pimples.use it overnight.u will see the result next morng.it will clearly reduce.u can use it on a daily basis too.it has vit E.which is good for skin

3. rekhatj

rekhatj Senior IL'ite

Artistry has a good moisturizer. Try it out.

4. RamyaKrishn

RamyaKrishn Silver IL'ite

Hey Paru72, that seems to be a great one, havent tried myself but shall keep in mind!!!

Otherwise KPNanju, I would suggest you wash your face a coupla times during the day that might also help!!! Use a cleanser and toner too that might also help...

Sometimes the reason for your pimples might be the dandruff during winter or your face becoming oil due to the moisturizer and the heater combined!!!

I use Burts bees moisturizer with Royal jelly, and at times during night I use the nivea night moisturizer, again every bodys skin is different so those that work for me might or might not work for you!!! Try experimenting so you find whats good for you!!! :cheers

5. sadafkhan

sadafkhan New IL'ite

If you regularly use moisturizer, you may find yourself using it extensively and spending a lot of money. Or you may want to create your own moisturizer to find the perfect balance with your skin and the right scents. When you make it yourself, you also know exactly what is going in it, which is important for something you put on your skins on a regular basis. Whatever your reason, it is easy to make moisturizers at home –*Add one part Aloe Vera to one part mineral water. Heat these in a double boiler until they form into a cream. This becomes a wonderful cream especially good for dry, sore or sunburnt skin.
    *Melt 1 tablespoon of Cocoa butter with 2 tablespoons of Jojoba in a double boiler over medium heat. Once it is melted, stir in 1 tablespoon of aloe Vera and stir until it is well mixed. This one is good for dehydrated skin.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2010
  6. sadafkhan

sadafkhan New IL'ite

As the name suggests, main job of a moisturizer is to do just that, moisturize the skin. Essentially a mixture of complex chemicals made artificially or obtained from natural products, a good moisturizer works to soften the skin providing it with essential water content. Everyday exposure of the skin to environment elements leaves it devoid of moisture, looking rough and parched. If you have ever wiped your face with a tissue after a commute, you would know how these manmade elements are affecting your skin. Especially people with dry skin are more prone to such rough treatment of skin due to already existant lack of oil. Exposure takes away the remaining moisture leaving the skin completely parched making it look like a dried leather.
    *Honey has excellent water retention properties. Mixing a tablespoon of honey with 1/2 lemon, three tablespoons of yoghurt and whipped egg white makes a great moisturizing paste. Apply it and leave on for 15 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water to feel immediates softening effects.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2010
  7. archu2102

archu2102 New IL'ite

8. archu2102

archu2102 New IL'ite

tats the best i guess

9. SoundVijay

SoundVijay Gold IL'ite

Hi,

The best moisturizer i would suggest is Aloe Vera Gel. It really works out and worth spending for it. :thumbsup

10. AnithaPartha

AnithaPartha IL Hall of Fame

I have almond oil with me.. Very old bottle but.. is there any expiry for oils and all?

how to apply almond oil?