1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Please Share Your Wisdom On Adoption

Discussion in 'Adoption' started by SuiDhaaga, Dec 7, 2021.

1. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

I did Google search and found lot if challenges
    1. Parents regret adopting the child
    2. Adopted child getting stressed with new environment

Here us story from India Abroad, Indian-American couples look to adopting children here in U.S.

Did any of you adopt? Were you married, did you have your own biological children?

I just think what if lady never got married or had children but she has good job, good health. Can she adopt? What challenges will she face?

Everyone wants to save the world, everyone wants to help less fortunate but kindness starts at home.

2. Janakinarne

Janakinarne Gold IL'ite

Hi,one of my close relative adopted a baby girl a year back ,reason is they are married past 20yrs but failed all the treatments and finally decided to go for adoption and they choose the north indian baby ,
    And now the baby is very happy and parents too..
    In my opinion idea of adoption was a gud idea and can give a life to a child to live happily..evry child deserves q best life ,but should prepare yourself and your parents to that,and no one should comment in her back or infront of her that she is adopted,and we should share the love to baby ,but adopting a baby is different from adopting a child,if you go for adoption whn the baby is below a year age it's easy for both parents and baby to form a bond ,and you feels that baby belongs to you and you know everything about the baby,
    If you are not married and decided to go for adoption then you should prepare yourself to take the responsibility of the baby all alone,like where ever you go you should provide the shelter to the baby too,if you decide to settle in other countries then you should plan to the baby too and can't leave the baby,and you can't go to every where as like before bcos you hav to take responsibility and should think of baby whether the place is safe ot not .. should give time to baby too.. staying all alone and with baby is bit difficult to manage when you are sick

SuiDhaaga likes this.
  3. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

Relatives like to make comments. i learned most are useless, so it will be relatively straight-forward to shield the child.

It makes sense to adopt a baby because it is easier to bond.

As of how, I take lot of responsibilities and am slowly learning how to organize, multi-task, etc.

Of course, one cannot leave baby, no matter how old baby is :)