1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Please share your thoughts on these two situations

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sillyme, Jun 8, 2015.

1. sillyme

sillyme New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    Two issues -

Today I was talking to my Dad on the phone and for few seconds had to put on speaker as Dad wanted to talk to our kiddo. Then Dad started saying about airlines and that he is planning to book tickets for his visit while I removed him from speaker and continued talking normally. Dad is planning to visit us. After putting the phone down, husband asked me if my Dad was planning a visit. I said yes but nothing is confirmed, he said why isn't MIL coming, I said Dad is bored so he is coming, to which he said (as we are planning a pregnancy) they could come next year when you are pregnant and deliver. I said what does that mean? Should I tell him not to come now? He said No, nothing like that, then he said his parents might visit to take care of their other grandchild, I said oh is it, he then said how come you didn't even tell me your Dad is planning a visit, I said coz nothing is confirmed, Dad keeps saying that he is coming and all, not sure till he books etc. I said but you also didn't tell your parents are going to visit. So on.... but I am kinda pissed the way he said I didn't tell him or they can come when I deliver. He is not paying for their tickets, why does he care? I got angry.

Next issue, now my Dad is planning a trip, he is usually the dominating, non-adjusting type. I cook once a day etc, all this wont work, my Mom takes very good care of him providing everything in a timely manner. I am kinda scared if I will be able to do all that and also I may be preg by then. He wants to visit few places when he gets here but I am scared of that too, we don't have much extra money here, most of the salary is spent with very little saving. My Dad usually gets money and does not depend on us, i.e if we go out he buys tickets etc everything. I don't like that either, taking money from him and hate it that I don't work and so not much money to spend. I have mixed feeling about this trip. I want to be able to spend money for my Dad freely. He never visited us alone, only with my Mom as he knows she manages everything. But this time, Mom has other commitments and cant come. I want her to come when she wants to. So I am worried. I am also not that interested in travelling places with kiddo but Dad wants to and don't know how to say I am not interested.

Pls share your thoughts on both issues - My husband's behavior/reaction and My Dad's visit. Thank you so much!

2. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Brevity is due to lack of time (at the moment), certainly not rudeness.

For both situations: you need to grow up and learn more maturity to handle.

(While stating it in short, it is also the truth, Will elaborate later).

1 person likes this.
  3. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

You are trying for a pregnancy and your demanding dad is planning a visit.
    Not surprised your husband is less than enthusiastic.
    Having a father in law is not a big turn on for pregnancy planning.(just like having a mil is a turn off during ttc)

One option is to tell him you are missing mom and want her to come along.May be he will postpone the visit to when your mom will be available to join him.

2 people like this.
  4. sillyme

sillyme New IL'ite

Hi, That is definitely not the case. By the time my Dad comes, the planning will be done. Its more like he feels he is not included in some details but due to his reserved nature, I don't feel like telling him everything.