Please share tips:ISTQB Foundation Level Certification in Software Testing

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by ManuuRaghuu, Mar 12, 2008.

1. sujakumar

sujakumar Senior IL'ite

Hi Active,

Even I am interested in Software testing. I am a MCA graduate and i have worked as a computer teacher for primary grade children for 4 years in a cbse school. But planning to change my line do you think i will be able to do it? Do i have to attend any class or can i just follow the book u have mentioned. Even i am in singapore since Jan 2009. Is there any good institute in singapore where we can do Graphic Designing course? Eagerly waiting for your reply.

Tc

2. Winthrop

Winthrop New IL'ite

You can learn about software testing fundamentals or basics through net. you can get lots of materials available through internet.rather than suggesting you a good book on testing, its essentially good to do ISTQB Fundamental course and take up an certification on software testing.To start up from initial stage its best to start from basics of testing like black box testing, bugs, etc...All the best. I hope this will help you..

3. AparnaRam2010

AparnaRam2010 New IL'ite

Hi Active,
    I am residing in Singapore. I wish to take up ISTQB Foundation level exams here. I believe we need to approach SGTQB (Singapore Testing Qualifications Board) for exam dates. I tried contacting them over phone/email, but I did not receive proper response/information from them. From you post, I understand that u gave this exam in Singapore. Would greatly appreciate if you could share the details on where in Singapore you gave the exams?
    Thanks in advance,
    Aparna

4. Nithya001

Nithya001 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Active,

The two books you mentioned, are they good for a complete beginner too? I don't have any sort of computers background and never worked in IT field.
    Will this book be right for me?
    I have been looking at video tutorials on testing on the net please share any good tutorial links you know of.

Thanks.

5. madcity

madcity New IL'ite

ISTQB Foundation Level Certification in US

Hello, I would like to take the foundation level exam in next few weeks in US, would like to hear some prep tips from those who has taken it? And any study material links apart from the Dorothy Graham...

6. milly

milly New IL'ite

Appeared ISTQB foundation level exam 2 days back and passed with 85%.. prepared for a month, referred syllabus 2011, Dorothy Graham and practiced the tests at the end of the syllabus and also various websites.. It's easy, but require sincere effort..let me know if you ladies need any additional details.. will be happy to share..

7. Nithya001

Nithya001 Bronze IL'ite

Milly, do you have a background in IT/computers?
    How difficult is the exam for someone with non-tech educational background?

I am preparing myself at home, I have to study from the very basic. I am still looking for a decent institute in Bangalore. I went to a few trial classes and was not satisfied. Other IL's here have also suggested to do self-study at home. Since you recently wrote the exam, can you tell whether training from institute is important?

Can you please share the links of the websites you referred to and any other material?

8. milly

milly New IL'ite

Nithya,

Yes, I'm from IT background with 3 years of exp, I left my job and came to US as my husband moved here...

However, even if you are not from IT, it should not be a problem. I won't suggest to go for any training institute..It'll be waste of time and money.. please go through the study materials carefully and do a self-study. if you have any doubt, do a google search or post in any of the forum, you'll definitely get an answer..As I said, I only referred syllabus 2011 and Dorothy Graham and found it good enough to prepare for the exam..

9. mpg1

mpg1 New IL'ite

Hey Gals ,I m also form IT background n wanted to appear to ISTQB foundation Level Exam..what i was thinking that if we cud make a grp n study online it will b good for us :)))) I m residing in Dallas Tx.. as many of us r housewife/H4 visa holders we need motivation for study :))))))))))))))))))))))))so come on gals !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. taashu

taashu New IL'ite

Hi All,
    I am also planning to appear for ISTQB foundation level certification . right now just going through the 2011 syllabus and if any one is planning for the group study i m in for that.