Please share Bangalore Airport customs experience

Discussion in 'Bangalore' started by asks, May 19, 2007.

1. asks

asks New IL'ite

hi,
    i know i should't be putting this thread here, but i felt since this is the most popular and visited forum, i will get replys immediately.
    any body having the experience of going through b'lore airport customs check, please share ur experience. eventhough i have travelled so many times its all either bombay (its worst )or chennai (which is okay).since i am planning to take 2 or 3 cameras is it okay.
    i am travelling with my 2 kids through singapore airlines and will be landing directly in b'lore.
    so any replys will be helfful.
    thanks in advance
    asks

2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Re: bangalore airport customs experiencee

Well, it has been sometime since I have been to Bangalore. I took direct flight to B'lore twice. I did not face any problems. Customs have become quite lenient in India in recent years. Have no idea regarding the number of cameras.
    Best of luck.

L, Kamla

3. shwethag

shwethag Bronze IL'ite

I went to bangalore last july I had 2 cameras. I did not have any problem. If asked just say for personal purpose. I think there is some amount under which you can take things. Check on singapore airlines website.

4. saviblr

saviblr New IL'ite

Hi Asks,

Do not worry about the customs in BLR.I have travelled To n Fro from US and Europe and carried lots of stuff,but Customs at Bangalore arent too much of a problem though.Infact they r 100 times better than Mumbai.And I presume,there are revised rules on the Amount of Stuff U can get into a country,where the Slab has increased and Ur cams wudnt cross that slab,am sure.

Take Care,
    Savi

5. itisdesimum

itisdesimum New IL'ite

Never had any problems at <st1:City><st1:place>Bangalore</st1:place></st1:City> airport – fast and easy, but always something comes up in Mumbai. There those cheeky $*%”&; will never miss a chance for some extra money!
    Luckily now I can get direct flight to <st1:City><st1:place>Bangalore</st1:place></st1:City> so no more loosing money in Mumbai :2thumbsup:

1 person likes this.
  6. Monsi

Monsi Bronze IL'ite

The duty free limit is now 25000/-.
    Pls check the link below to know more :-
    BAGGAGE RULES<HTTP: cs-rulef.htm formatted-htmls cs-act customs www.cbec.gov.in>

2 people like this.