Please Recommend Job Portals In India

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Needtobestrong, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

I am located in India..have previous work exp and looking for job vacancies for myself after a long career break, and also looking for job vacancies for my relative who is B.E fresher .( need jobs in IT sector and IT enables services)
    Which job portals are good, genuine and effective in getting good access of good openings, calls from recruiters and genuine?
    Many have adviced me to apply directly to employer through LinkedIn. We are working towards it.
    Apart from this, I always stuck to Naukri.com as that was popular....
    Few difficulties I faced couple of years back while applying for jobs-
    When we register with email ID and mobile number in job portals, we get lot of spam mails in the mailbox from fake recruiters, and non career related mails too. As advertisers get our contact details somehow . It’s irritating..
    Lot of irrelevant phone calls, from “ agents” promising job of we pay certain amount of money..agents who are ready to provide fake experience letter and certificate etc..
    Some calls are actually genuine..many genuine interview opportunities also come up.
    Pls suggest
    Which are the job portals in India , for IT and IT enabled sectors with good job listings and chances of reaching out to good employers, less spam communications to worry about and have good privacy setting?
    And has good opportunities for freshers and people with break in career who have to anyways start as fresher? And details of recruitment drives for freshers?
    Sorry cannot give details of job profile, location I’m looking for etc due to privacy reasons.
    Prefer remote job openings now and regular job much later when Covid situation improves.

2. Needtobestrong

Bumping this thread for replies...

3. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

You can check these.
    Glassdoor...the information on salary, reviews and other details. They do post the openings here.

Instahyre...

Naukri is still good.

You have to spend good time to build a great resume.

Needtobestrong likes this.
  4. Flyhigher

Flyhigher Gold IL'ite

If you don’t have LinkedIn profile I suggest to create one and request recommendations from past colleagues that adds up value. You can keep your profile private or hide the details which you don’t want to show public and apply from there too. The same you can do with indeed site.

Search the companies you wish to apply on LinkedIn and go to that companies recruiter, project manager , sr developer profiles and see any job postings, contact them and send them directly your resume.

Other thing you can do is go to companies site and upload your resume to their talent pool and wait.

If you still have good relationship with your former colleagues or friends and ask for reference. Getting back to work force is easy when you have reference.

Having and eye catching cover letter is as important as resume.

If you are in front end development or UI/UX few companies ask for your online portfolio. If you are not interested in investing websites for online portfolio you can upload your work on google drive, dribble, git hub and add the links in your resume.

5. Flyhigher

Flyhigher Gold IL'ite

@Needtobestrong how to send you message

6. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

7. Needtobestrong

You can send a message as conversation in Indus ladies.

8. Needtobestrong

Thanks friends..prob is that during good times everyone was friendly with me and I could get help...when someone’s needs our help they’ll be good, but in turn when we need something favour they’ll behave very pricey and busy..time changes, circumstances change, people change..now during difficult times, when we contact someone and ask for reference, many just ignore or change topic and are disinterested....or pretend like they’re ready to help but just take the resume but don’t refer, and stop responding to any query we have..can ask few from extended family circle but many are working in other sectors, and different fields from what I’m applying for and genuinely even if wanting to help, cant do much..
    I Can try 10% of my luck from referrals, but 90% I’ve to try for jobs by applying myself and using my own merit..that’s why I posted...
    Even my relative who is B.E fresher hasn’t hadn’t much luck in getting placed anywhere..so was looking for good job portals for freshers...maybe there will be some remote job opportunities.

9. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

I had received an invite in linkedin from jobsforher . Try and login there. Browse through it. You may find some good pointers.
    You have to dedicate good amount of time for your job search. You will definitely get through. Reachout to people on linkedin.

Flyhigher likes this.
  10. Flyhigher

Flyhigher Gold IL'ite

I tried it gives me this message "You may not start a conversation with the following recipients: Needtobestrong."