Please read this before posting queries.

Discussion in 'Housing' started by Shanvy, Jan 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Dear Friends,

Hope few of you have benefited from the discussions we have in this housing sub forum. I have been thinking about posting a thread on how do we help each other, after all owning a home is a dream for each one of us

I just wanted that all of us follow certain pointers, regarding this, apart from following the forum etiquette.

1. please do not post any phone numbers, email-ids, in this section. This is being advocated by the administrators for your safety. any problems arising out of posting these details is yours alone.

2. Please do not post individual buy/sell threads, as we are not a property dealer/site, we are only having this option to help our members. We have been attracting lot of unwanted attention, and also too many threads.

3. If you have posted a post for buy/sell, please revert back when a deal has been confirmed. For example A has posted a thread for rent in October 2008, obviously there are very less chance that the property is still vacant and the A does not come back to say that it has been rented out, which will make it easier for others.

4.Let us quote the message numbers that are present on the right hand side of the message you want to quote. this way even if the message was in the first page, you can have easy access. for example i want to refer to the message no.2 on I like to rent/sell. i just copy the link from message 2.
    This helps in not quoting the whole message and also looks more neater..hope you all will agree.

5.Please refrain from saying interested, do you know. Come on friends saying your are interested does not give a clue to what you are saying, it could only mean that your are just throwing a stone. be more precise.

All these discussions are by members, who may or maynot have much experience in the real estate, and I would also take this opportunity, to say that your decisions are your own responsibility.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2009

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Dear Friends,

Frequently i find new threads opened in this forum. i understand all the concern, tension, excitement, fear but it becomes a difficult task for us mods to merge all these thread. please take your time and search for the related threads. if it is not available do post in the thread that is very much near to what you are querying about.

posting repeated new threads does not mean you are going to get replies immediately. you have to give credit to members, who take their time to help you out provided they have information on that particular query, else be patient to get the answers. remember each member does it out of a helping tendency and there are no where bound to give you answers.

Sometimes, it really irks the members when you post a query and do not even have the courtesy of coming back to tell them what was the action you have taken..

so please be patient and helpful if you can be..

this post is no where to hurt anybody with the point of views...hope you all take it in the way it should be...

all the best for your search and may each of you get your dream home..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.