Please Protest against such Messages/pictures in the name of Social Cause

Discussion in 'News & Politics' started by dakshayaeni, Jul 2, 2012.

1. dakshayaeni

dakshayaeni Silver IL'ite

Dear my friends,

Today I am appalled by a picture posted in facebook. In fact we all come across such pictures everyday...babies, girls, aged beings shown in shattered, mutilated, bruised conditions and people says FB or other institutions will donate money if you hit a share or basically re-post such pictures.

If one individual or any institution wish to help any fellow beings by donating then is there any need to share such pictures and evoke our sentiments? Donations for social cause needs to be hyped so that brand visibility enhances all the more?

I am disgusted!

At kolkata, I recently came across another such incident...autistic children in the name of function were paraded in from of America Counsel do you know why? to raise funds from US/NRI...their parents did not even know this..all that was told to the parents that children will be taking part in a function...

Today such picture is posted in facebook of a baby suffering from cancer, FB will donate per share...

Do you think educated persons who have some brain and sensitivity should support such moves? A cause is defeated if one is trying to gain from branding...simple words describing the situation would suffice, there is really no need to publicize human agony like this...the pain will not cease, will it?

2. dakshayaeni

Friends, do you think my thoughts are wrong? Pls suggest...at least some of us needs to garner support to stop spreading such cheap publicity for the name of funds and help

3. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

I totally agree with you. First of all I think posting somebody else's pictures without their permission is invasion of privacy and secondly most of these pictures and stories are fake. Moreover, their aim is to manipulate human emotions and earn money. Most of the time it is not even a charitable cause.

3 people like this.
  4. swarnalata.N.S.

swarnalata.N.S. Platinum IL'ite

I also agree. This is a disgusting habit many got. Some TV shows also are doing like this. It is so cruel for the unfortunate people to be made like exhibition.
    Many times, these chain mails are also fake.

5. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

That is a very common practise these days. Everyone around just seems to find a way or another to make their situations public.

I personally feel that public social nteworking sites may not have a solid base. It is just a free site which allows individuals to mingle freely. Most of the time, the posts and requests and pictures are fake. How can we recognise a genuine post?

6. dakshayaeni

well I thank you all for giving it a thought and honestly from now onward wherever I see such post I won't care who posted that I will blast him/her..