Please pray for my little Juliet.....very depressed.

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by Paulina, Jun 3, 2009.

1. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Paulina:
    Sorry to know about your Julie's health problems. This is the curse of pet ownership...their shorter lives and we must watch them come and go. If you can think of this in a larger context of religious practice, this helps a little. We all know end days will come eventually but its still hard to go through.

Watch Julie's diet and salt in take. Is she eating dog kibbles? Check salt content on them and switch to people foods if so. As to pill giving, putting the pills in cheese or blobs of canned dog food or any other maleable food that she likes is good. The other method is this:
    put your palm on the top of her head with the forefinger on one side of the top of the muzzle and the thumb on the other. Grasp her upper jaw just behind the canine teeth and gently but firmly tip her head back without twisting until her mouth pops open. If you look down her throat you will see an opening area above her tongue and just drop the pill back there. Close her mouth quickly and massage the throat. If you do this properly the pill will just go down without spitting out. They fight the taste of some (most?) pills and this method it bypasses taste centers.

Remember: its humans that fear death. Dogs live in the moment with no such concerns. God takes special care of them in many ways.....trust in that.

2. ArabianDoll

ArabianDoll Senior IL'ite

OH so sad..i can feel how hard it will be to depart form somebody with whom we remained so close..my prayers for Juliet.

3. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Dearest Chechi,
    I am so sad to hear about Juliet's health. Hope and wish that she recovers soon. When I read this post, I just got tears. Will definitely pray for Juliet.

Sindhu

4. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

Dear Paulina chechi

will keep Juliet in my prayers. I can feel the pain you are going through watching a pet who has been with you for a long time. You are doing all you can to keep her comfortable.

5. tashidelek2002

Paulina:
    Any update on your dog?
    Tina

6. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

My v dear friends ,

Thanks ever so much for all your prayers and kind messages to enquire about my little Julie.
    She has improved with constant care a wee bit.Her horrible cough has stopped and she is continuing the medications .The biggest problem is to make her eat some food .I'm just force feeding her with the syringe ...so it has to be liquids only .I carry her outdoors and let her take a few steps out in the garden .She gets tierd out fast and lies curled up on her little bed most of the time.
    Well, I'm thankful that she does not seem to be in pain now that the cough has stopped .The Vet says there is nothing much to do ....He says we cannot make a 14 year old run around like a 4 month old pup !! We know that ofcourse....I just want her to be free from pain and eat a little food .The Vet has advised to reduce the doses as this may have caused her loss of appetite...I'm doing that and giving an appetite stimulant syrup also .
    She is more expressive and wags her little tail weakly , but days since she barked .
    As of now, I'm just happy that she is still around and I can pat and cuddle her .
    I'll reply to all pals soon.I was having problems with the server off and on and could not step in here sooner.
    Thanks again for all the get well soon wishes for Julie.

7. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Dearest Chechi,
    I am happy to know that Julie is recovering. Take care!
    Will continue to pray for Juliet.

8. tashidelek2002

You might try some baby cereal (human baby) on her....when animals are really sick they like us can't handle really rich food. You can adjust the consistency as needed. For puppies we used to mix baby pablum with evaporated milk. With dogs, regular milk sometimes gives them loose motions in adults although the boiled milk in India might work. The canned milk (not milkmaid) works much better.

Keep us posted. My prayers for her....

9. Marun

Marun Platinum IL'ite

Wow paulina,

Nice to have a good news here. Its your caring stuff that made her come back!!!! Cheers!!!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
  10. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sabby,
    Thank you for your kind message.She is improving seadily and like you said hope she proves the meds wrong! I'm doing all I can taking care of her needs like that of a baby ....after all she is my little baby!