Please pray for my baby Sahana

Discussion in 'Pray for me' started by ssubhasr, Mar 30, 2012.

1. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Yes. The doctor asked us to give Emeset before food to control vomit. will try to give apple this evening. May I knw how to prepare Dhal Kanji ? I give her only boiled rice kanji...

2. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Thank you. Yes. She was better yesterday and we all were happy. But from midnight she again started vomiting. ok will stop curd...probably due to fermentation (bcoz of this hot weather and 2hr power cut:( )

3. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

Subha,

Few things which i followed was giving my DD plain curd rice ( I would say buttermilk) with little salt ..lots of ORS water.
    Doctor had suggested something called kanji of Arrow root powder ......

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

subha,

Sahana is in my prayers. now only one piece of suggestion. do not panic. sometimes, it takes time for the lo to settle. as long as the fever does not relapse, give her lots of fluids. if you are worried about over fermentation, make curds for the afternoon in the morning, and if you have habit of giving her curds in the evening , make some in the afternoon. and remember to keep the curds in the fridge just as soon as it sets . that is how we are managing.. and if you have the habit of mixing curd and milk do not do that. make it just curd rice..

give her ors..keep her well hydrated and cheerful..do not cosset her,even if you feel the need after her being in the hospital.... it is hot, let her roam around freely..kids bounce back fast.

if need be go for another round of check up.. be positive...

5. hemalathaK

hemalathaK Platinum IL'ite

Dear subha, don't worry dear.Your daughter will be perfectly alright very soon.I am praying/will be praying for your daughter Sahana to get well son.

Believe in God.He will take care of her.

6. kishoremommy

kishoremommy Platinum IL'ite

Dear Subha,

My 19 month old toddler often suffers from bacterial infection.I would like to share you a few things suggested by my doctor and a few things I found out thru my experience with two kids.

1.What milk you are buying? If it is cow's milk delivered in can,stop it immediately.My elder son was admitted three times in hospital when he was around 3 years.All because of the can milk.Many don't clean the can properly.So,bacteria settles in.

Aavin blue cover is the best.

2.Curd is suggested as it contains helpful bacteria.This bacteria can turn into harmful one.So,sour curd is a strict no,no.

This being summer time,in a container add just a spoon of curd in luke warm milk ,mix well and leave it untouched.Four hours is enough.Only fresh curd evry time and no refrigerated curd.

3.No milk in any form,at least for a month.

4.Marie biscuit,arrow root kanji ,baked apple are good.Our doctor don't suggest arrow root because,it leads to constipation and according to her all the bacteria should come out in stools.

5.Avoid thick curd at nights.Moong dal rasam with puzhungal arisi sadham ,idlis,are best at night.Just give her a few spoons.Whatever you feed,mash it well and give it in watery consistency.

She will get well soon.I will surely pray for her.

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

i go with kishoremommy subha. aavin blue is the best of the lot. a research done by somebody who once gave a lecture at my kids' school stated this. and my paed always adviced to use aavin.. and no milk unless yours suggests..

8. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Hi all

Thank you very much for all your prayers....

We always buy aavin blue milk and I have stopped milk and sugar even before she was admitted in the hospital. (till now) Will try moong dhal rasam and apple paste. Can I give Mary biscuit ? thought it has milk in it ?

She had loose stool again 2hrs back :( She feels like vomiting and tries to vomit, but no vomit....giving ORS-L applie. an we add salt with arrow root kanji ? or anything I give her ?

9. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Suba,
    My prayers for Sahana.
    Please be composed and keep praying , She will be fine.
    Prayers add immense power to medications.

10. Pranjjal

Pranjjal Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Avoid giving buttermilk or curd,idli etc Make thin moongdal khichadi, thin rice and add milk and sugar in it,make vegetable soup do not use chilies,give her milkshakes and don't force her to eat too much feed very little little taking interval of hour. Take one glass of water,add sugar and very small pinch of salt and feed her this by spoon keep on giving this whole day and if she will wake up at night. Grind apple and sugar and make a paste this is also good for her. Don't miss medicine doses as prescribed by Dr and keep an eye on her urination and stool.
    If u feel no recovery take a 2nd opinion from other highly experienced Dr.
    Don't worry ur Daughter will recover soon and God bless her.