1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Please Please Help Me 1 Yr Baby Not Eating Anything

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by madhu26, Feb 12, 2017.

1. madhu26

madhu26 Junior IL'ite

Hi ladies,I am madhu.I have one year old daughter up to 5 months she had cerelac but after that she stop eating firstly she like only sweet after that she stop that one also I tried veggie smash,rice,dal(powder one)normal rice blend so many dishes I prepared but she didn't open mouth also everyday I do like baby slept on my legs and forcely open mouth with finger I did but still she is lean. Today she turned one year I am very much worrying that how many days I have to.follow like this. I thought that she likes only liquid foods but nowadays if I feed her she split.She likes curd I kept two days but other day she refused.Please help with your suggestions what I have to do. Any dishes suitable for her.

Thanks

2. OhReally

OhReally New IL'ite

If your baby is refusing to eat solid food even at 1 year old, you must consult a good paed Dr and get a check up done.
    Please check if she is hungry, does she play a lot and then get hungry? Are you giving her too much milk and less solids? Have you tried fruits like banana etc? Try to feed her little amount but every 2-3 hours. Maybe she needs a change, so go out to the park or playarea, try giving her some food and see if she still rejects.

sindmani likes this.
  3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Do you give gripe water??
    Try mother's bliss gripe water in the morning..

Wait 15 to 20 mts from your usual feeding time and then give food to the baby.She will then try to eat out of hunger.

Consult your pediatrician

sindmani likes this.
  4. Meet9

Meet9 Silver IL'ite

My toddler was extremely picky eater, there would be some days where he would just drink a bottle of milk ALL DAY! HUgs to you, been there done that....first let me ask you, are you feeding her? (i mean your breastmilk?).....
    I weaned my toddler at 22 months and ONLY AFTER that he started eating normally...if you are feeding here, you need to wean her ASAP, that the mistake I did, I should have stopped but mama-baby love came in way, he is our first child.
    finally I had to as I was pregnant again and its considered not good for both of us to continue breastfeeding..
    within few days, his diet improved and he started eating normally
    that being said, he still doesnt eat a full chapati, sometimes nil, prefers rice..he is still lean kid but on average weight..
    there will be days and weeks when babies go through this phase of not eating..plz dont worry, as long as they are having one good meal and milk, they should be fine......
    also, you need to start giving her less milk and more solids because they need iron for brain development, and iron is not present in milk, Iron deficiency also causes babies to eat less...once you supplement iron (please make sure she is deficient, else it will be bad to give excess iron, get it checked at pediatricians office), she will have her appetite back.....

good luck

5. bhagya85

bhagya85 Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    Give every feed in less quantity(including milk)..If she denies food in take,give a break for 1 hour.Make her to play for sometime.Don't force too much to eat,it creates hatred towards food and you will have to continue this forcing for another 5-6 years.consult with the doctor and try to add fibre food daily as improper pooing cycle can also be a reason.