1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Please help with your suggestion to treat my daughter's eczema...

Discussion in 'Infants' started by spsavitha, May 4, 2010.

1. spsavitha

spsavitha New IL'ite

My daughter is 10 months old..She is having eczema.Pedi says its mild.But I could not see her suffering from itching . She wakes up in the night and cry.Her cheeks is red all the time .Please help me how can I help her feel relieved from this.

I googled a lot, everywhere I read like there is no cure for eczema..What can I apply for her ? How to treat this ? Please help me with your suggestions

Last edited: May 4, 2010

2. september

september Bronze IL'ite

massage her with castor oil before bath and use a mild soap .
    though this oil is very cold ,still its very good to cure skin problems .
    i tried it on my dd , she too had dry skin and we had to apply moisturizer cream after every bath . but when i started using castor oil for a massage before bath , all her skin problems vanished .

this was just out of my experience ....
    do take expert opinion from others here .

3. tikka

tikka Gold IL'ite

DS has still eczema at 3 years :-(. Our paed too calls it very mild, but I can clearly see his sleep being disturbed. So, nodding my head there with you.
    What worked for us is to moisturise 10 to 15 times a day, have a tepid bath and work in the moisture with a non-scented moisturising cream immediately after bath. Aveeno products did well on DS - we used the oatmeal bath cream for a while. Oatmeal bombs work really well in reducing the itchiness. When the flare is bad, we do end up using a 1 percent hydrocortisone for three days to control the eczema before we start again on moisturising. Good luck with your LO.

4. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

My son has mild eczema and I agree with Tikka's suggestions. For us, moisturizing generously with petroleum jelly right after bath and moisturizing several times in a day plus hydrocortisone 1% for problem areas when it worsens seems to keep it under control.

5. padmaprasad

padmaprasad New IL'ite

Hi,

Use Cetaphil lotion.......its very good for baby eczema and my friend told pedeatricians recommending this for baby eczema and iam also using for my baby from the day one...i felt its very good for baby..

6. IndainDad

IndainDad New IL'ite

Rather than seeking advise here, I suggest you ask her pediatrician to recommend the right lotion and body wash. I say this because what works for someone else's child may not work for your daughter. Your daughter's skin may be oilier/drier than the other child and this plays in role what the doctor recommends. For my son, it was Eucerin because his skin was very dry during his infant months.

7. Foundlove

Foundlove Gold IL'ite

Have you used a humidifier? Try that.. it helped with my DS. As well as applying Eucerin twice a day and after bath.

I don't give bath daily during winter but alternate days.

Use Eucerin or aquaphor. Both of these are dermatologists recommended and pediatricians recommend them as well.

Good Luck
    FL

8. sree3

sree3 Bronze IL'ite

After a real long time came back to this site to check something for my Son. Saviitha. Aquaphor (bath shampoo and cream) works beautiful.

Try it once, after consulting her doctor.

Dont worry, she will sleep well and be fine once you start using these. Just a doctors visit away and she will be fine.

Sree.

9. smart_soul

smart_soul Bronze IL'ite

Savitha,

My daughter has very bad eczema. She is 21 months old and still has flaky skin like sand paper. :-(
    I second tikka and others here.

Also Milk can cause eczema/allergies. Are you breast-feeding her? If so, you can try to stop drinking milk/milk products and see if that works.

If she is on formula, try some milk-free formula hypo allergenic ones like Nutrimugin (probably spelled wrong). And try to avoid cheese, butter etc.,

Some allergens we'll have to find by trial and error, unfortunately...

10. spsavitha

spsavitha New IL'ite

Thanks for all your time and suggestions. Cetaphil works the best for my Daughter. Moreover we had been to India for a vacation.She was totally fine there.Even there was no need to apply moisturiser for her. I was so happy to see her skin clean and clear. Now we are back in US.Its already a week and didnt see any flare up so far.