1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

please help to save these children

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by umasridharan, Jan 24, 2008.

1. umasridharan

umasridharan Senior IL'ite

Dear friends

Thalassaemia is a genetic condition affecting the red blood cells. Haemoglobin is a chemical found in the red blood cells which carries oxygen from the lungs to all parts of the body. Thalassaemia occurs when a person is unable to produce the required amount of haemoglobin. This is a condition requiring life long blood transfusion and medications. Without regular blood transfusion, the haemoglobin level will be decreased and without sufficient haemoglobin, the body cannot carry oxygen properly and after a while the body will not survive.

The average expense every month is about Rs. 5,000/. Most of the families of the patients are struggling to cope with the expenses. VHS Thalassaemia Transfusion centre in VHS is doing a free service for the poor patients. Most of them are small children. I request Indus Ladies in and around Adyar to donate blood or money to the patients. I and my husband are regular donors of blood. I’m proud of that.

Let us try to save those children.

Contact Address
    VHS Thalassaemia Transfusion Centre
    Rotary Central TTK VHS Blood Bank
    Voluntary Health Services
    Tidal <st1:Street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">Park Road</st1:address></st1:Street>, Taramani
    Chennai 113
    Website: Thalassaemia Welfare Association, Chennai, India::A Welfare Association formed by parents of children with thalassaemia located in Chennai

2. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame