Please help regarding the breastfeeding dresses,very confused :(

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by mommykitty, Mar 21, 2015.

1. mommykitty

mommykitty New IL'ite

Hello Lovelies,
    I'm a FTM staying in US,feeling very lonely and frustrated.I'm 28 weeks today and feeling really low.Mommy coming here in May as my due date is in June first week,hope things would be better then. My problem is what to wear during the breast feeding as I cannot sit in nighties or pajamas the whole day. What kind of dresses will be comfortable to breast feed even if I'm outside.People would be coming very often to Visit the baby and me,hence I need to look presentable.Please suggest some good clothing in which I can breastfeed my easily or any types of dresses.Where can I get the nursing kurtis or dresses online for a reasonable price. I'm really confused on this and its annoying me. Please help Ladies!! Really sorry for such a long post :(

2. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

Congratulations on your pregnancy! For nursing dresses, you can try motherhood maternity and milk nursing. Com. Both places carry dresses as well as tops. I prefer milknursing for quality. Any wrap dress works fine too. I have only 3 nursing dresses. I prefer skirts/pants/jeans for ease of feeding and pumping. All you have to do is lift the top or move sideways if it is nursing top. IMO, regular tees/top work fine too, make sure you're not wearing your nice silk blouses as milk stains can ruin them. Gap and Target are other places you might want to look at. You don't need to wear nighties or other PJs, I never eore nighties although I do like to wear yoga pants at home.

1 person likes this.
  3. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

@Nuss already gave wonderfull suggestions. I just liked to add that you might want to get a good nursing bra as they are assential i feel. The dress you wear above can be any the most important is the bra. Go for a reputet brand and check that its comfortable, dont by it too early as breast size will encrease when milk comes. In my case it increased again after delivery so be aware that this might happen. I use some nursing tops which i can wear comfortably below any other kurta, blouse or sweater. For indian maternity clothing ask your mother to bring you some and tell her you need a size which suited you approximately 5 or 6th months. Be carefull dont purchase cloths in the size you had before you where pregnant!!!! H&M sells quite simple and cheap tops and sweaters which look ok, i have one basic i bought there.