1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Please help me with Slow cooker recipes

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by muyalkutti, Mar 28, 2013.

1. muyalkutti

muyalkutti Silver IL'ite

I recently bought the slow cooker, all I'm doing is (occasionally) cooking onion and tomato and grind it and keep the paste for a week and other usage is to boiling channa. I need some tips to use my slow cooker efficently.i'm working. My idea was when i come home hungry in the evening I would eat some fresh Cooked indian food. But in reality it occupies my kitchen looking at me empty everyday:hide:. Please give me some tips to make my slowcooker happy:rotfl.

2. tamgirl85

tamgirl85 Bronze IL'ite

Slow cooker is best for cooking curries - especially lamb/mutton as they take long time to cook. Lamb shanks curry /nenju ellambu soup would also be great in slow cooker. Also you can make vegetable soups, one pot roast chicken with herbs etc Also have you tried cooking lamb or chicken with lentils in slow cooker? Mutton with lentils is great flavour combination and something different to usual curries we make. I haven't got any particular recipes to share unfortunately - just ideas of what you can make- hope its useful.

deepv and muyalkutti like this.
  3. muyalkutti

muyalkutti Silver IL'ite

Thankyou very much for your ideas Tamgirl. One of my friend told me she made pongal in it. Nejelumbu soup is really tempting.going to try soon.spl thx for mentioning it.

4. tamgirl85

tamgirl85 Bronze IL'ite

No worries - yes Pongal is also good option...sweet or savoury and most meat biriyani recipes also do well in cooker.

Have fun cooking! :)

1 person likes this.