Please help me to take next decision on my career

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by Dtsfe306, Oct 10, 2009.

1. Dtsfe306

Dtsfe306 New IL'ite

Hi

I did my MBA in 2004, Sep from India after that I worked as a financial analyst for 9 months. After 9 months gap I shifted my career to testing field and worked 2 and half years in India.

I have applied my H1b in 2008 April, got selected in lottery and approved it. I came to USA Dec 4<SUP>th</SUP>, 2008 (I worked in India till Nov 30th) on H4 visa.

As per my employer suggestion first I looked project here on testing field and I succeed in that I got a project in reputed company but it was Full time so my employer said to me u r not eligible for full time, I left the project. Later I got a corp-corp position for 18 months contract project. My employer said to the vendor that is am on H4 and I don’t have SSN just I have h1 approved notice. Vendor was not interested to work with me I lost that project too.

This time I asked my employer to do change of status then only I will find out project for this he asked me 800$ on condition that if any RFE he won’t answer it. I already paid 2570$ to my employer for my H1B. (all my savings when I worked in India) and the shocking news I heard that he has applied my H1b from company “A”, and giving some dummy contact information to vendors ( instead of “A” as my employer he said “B” as my employer since months).When I ask him correct company contact information, he is not providing anything and avoiding my calls and emails.

Since 1 year am in US got 2 projects I have enough confidence to get job but due to this employer I wasted my year time. Now I am not interested to work with him and same time no one is ready to do sponsorship for me. He modified my resume now all over US my resume stored in there database.I can't look for Full time job or another sponsor with new resume, it conflicts with my resume which is already in market.I don’t want to waste one more year. I pissed off with this employer I want to teach him good lesson.

Please let me know what are the options I have to work here?

Thanks

2. BeeAmma

BeeAmma Silver IL'ite

Hi,

So you are saying that you are on a H1 visa with a company. However for some reason the person holding your h1 does not want you to pursue better opportunities and you want to renegotiate the contract so that you find your own projects and he gets a lesser cut (since you are doing so yourself)?

3. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Gather all the correspondence like e-mails and post from your former employer in question. Complain against him and the company to the Department of Labor . If he is trying to mess with your contracts or job prospects here he will be in trouble if they take action against him. Do your homework correct and complain. Good Luck.

4. BeeAmma

BeeAmma Silver IL'ite

If you find another contract (like you appear to have), at that point, you could transfer your H1b to a different (more ethical) consulting agency -- so this new consulting agency would be holding your H1b. There is a scheme where H1b transfer can be done in about a week.

Once you move, then report the old unethical company to dept of labour etc.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2009