1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Please help me to reduce weight by yoga practice

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by koppisitysuja, Jan 30, 2011.

1. koppisitysuja

koppisitysuja New IL'ite

Hello Madams,
    This is Sujatha here from chennai.I need to reduce my weight greatly.I have interest in practising yoga.But the yoga class fee is something very high in some classes.Some are asking Rs.2000 like that.But i am not interested in spending such a heavy amount.Is it ok to practising yoga by downloading some yoga videos like for eg BABA Ramdev?.Some are saying that practising yoga by learning from books are not advisable.I need to practise yoga.Please somehow suggest me a good idea.I will be very much thankful.Some people are teaching yoga in TV these days.How far these are good?.Please clarify my doubts so as to ease my yoga practise.

Thanking you
    K.Sujatha

2. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

Hi Sujata

Now what is your age, weight and height? Based on this you should start your mission.

1. To start with reduce on your intake of calories

2. Have heavy break fast like whole meal bread/ cereal / oats with an orange fruit

3. Lunch with proteins and salad and a cup of rice, no fried items very less coconut [if you are using].

4. Go for 30 mts walk in the morning and 30 mts in the evening.

5. Light snacks with tea at 4:30 pm

6. Eat your dinner before 7:30pm.

Always Drink coffee/tea with just 1/2 tsp of sugar or Nil sugar. No sweets or just a small piece once a week.

Now follow the above for 1 month and see the difference. Also combine with some small floor and breathing excercises. If you have reduced at least 1 or 2 kgs it is a great success. Follow this pattern strenuously for 3 to 6 months. Then you may join or follow the video of yoga of Shilpa Shetty or Baba Ramdev and practise. If you start now, you will not be able to do postures that require bending or folding knees due to your excessive weight.

Good luck.
    Shanti

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  3. koppisitysuja

koppisitysuja New IL'ite

Thank u so much madam for such a prompt reply
    Thanks a lot
    Actually i am practising some of the tips which u have said like having tea/coffee without sugar.But the thing is i am going for walking only in the evening for one hour.But i am not going for walking in the early morning.But one more thing is that i am not taking much of fruits.I am taking more vegetables.I take non veg that too fish only for weekly twice.Is it ok to go for walking in the morning in the treadmill for half an hour?.Any more tips you have madam?.But thank u once more for giving me such valuable tips.My age is 31.My height is 4'10".My weight is 60Kgs.I need to reduce it to 50Kgs.If u have any more tips & ideas for ideal weight loss then pls tell me.I am willing to work hard to reach my goal in weight reduction.Please help me more madam.

Thank u so much madam
    Have a great time
    Take care
    Bye
    K.Sujatha

4. koppisitysuja

koppisitysuja New IL'ite

If u dont mind can i ask for one more help

Hello madam,
    I want to have a long thick healthy hair.Do u have any tips for hair growth.

Thank u madam
    Have a great time
    Take care
    Bye
    K.Sujatha

5. tamgirl85

tamgirl85 Bronze IL'ite

What type of yoga should we practice as a beginner as I have read on the Internet that there are so many forms? Also can you reccommend any group classes in chennai?

Thanks