please help me teach my son maths

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by devika mukherji, Dec 14, 2007.

1. devika mukherji

devika mukherji New IL'ite

hi
    friends i m from chennai very much worried about my sons progress in maths please can any body help metsk

2. subashini.v

subashini.v New IL'ite

hi devika what is your sons age play simple games with beads, shells, coins, cards etc

3. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

devika,
    start with biscuits, 2 for u and 2 for me now how many are there kind.

then you could bring in some carrots of beans putting it into the vessel as u cut one two three and so on, they catch on fast when you dont make it books and pencil.

ur pet how many legs, and how many pillows for dad and how many for him leaves flowers, steps in the house.

doors and windows anything to start with addition and subtraction and slowly take on to multiples..sunkan

4. santasekar

santasekar Senior IL'ite

Hi Devika

As Subashini n Sunkan have said use practical methods .

Use his favourite things to explain the problem , u can get a small play board n ask him to work out in that like his teacher does .......

Dont force him to study maths as it will develop an aversion for the subject ,take it easy n give him small rewards like a chocolate or pencil etc when he performs well.

Regards
    santasekar

5. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

dear devika,
    how old is ur son & which class he is in.
    love
    pragati

6. Preiya

Preiya New IL'ite

hi devika

how old is ur son? if he is still in primary you could consider the suggestions given by Subhashini & Sunkan.

You could also give him colourful crayons to colour flowers, fruits , etc. and count all of them having same colour, likewise.

Its best to induce add, subtract actions in things which the child enjoys playing/eating , etc.

preiya:cool2:

7. Meenaneelakantan

Meenaneelakantan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Devika ma'am

If your son is in primary class, you can put him in abacus classes..They teach maths differently unlike in schools and instill great interest in children.

Love
    Meena

8. subashini.v

subashini.v New IL'ite

hi devikahow are youwere you able to play games with your son. you can teach him with the food he eats. like how many spoons he eats. etc. or with our fingers, window grills , doorsbye and all the bestsubashini