1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Please help me regarding 6 O'Clock plant and Table rose plant(Moss rose)

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Parvathi07, Mar 30, 2015.

1. pinky21

pinky21 Gold IL'ite

@selvarajan2k - 4 o clock plant is know as anthimanthari in tamil. there are around 10+ colours of this plant. the seed of this would look like balck pepper and the flower would bloom by 4 - 5 in the evening and would die before sunrise
    colours are white, white with pink dots/ stripes, pink, majentha, yellow, yellow with pink dots, yellow with majenta dots, orange, orange with pink dots/stripes, orange with yellow each colour on either side and there are ones with white and yellow too..

Mirabilis jalapa - Four O'clock

2. selvarajan2k

selvarajan2k New IL'ite

Thanks for your reply.
    Where can I get the seeds of all the colors of this plant.
    I am not able to find it in amazon or ebay.
    Also, based on your answer, 4o clock and 6o clock plants are same is my understanding.

1 person likes this.
  3. pinky21

pinky21 Gold IL'ite

looks so that both 4 o clock and 6 o clock plants are same.. you can find these plants road side in the semi urban areas in all towns.. enquire if u hv relatives or friends who have gardens they might help u. it actually a shot period crop.. 4 - 6 is the plants life and the next plant comes automatically without any re-plantation. chk out in the small stores that sell seeds or with your local nursery ppl,,