1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Please Help me out with best brand for baby products -Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by Swathivenkat, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Swathivenkat

Swathivenkat New IL'ite

Dear All,

Iam 8 months pregnant. Iam going to buy baby products tomorrow for my baby who is coming in to this world :)

Can you please suggest me the best brand to buy products like shampoo,soap,moisturizer e.t.c., for my baby, as iam confused among different products.

Request all moms to support me at the earliest.

Thanks in Advance

1 person likes this.

2. varmaswathy

varmaswathy Gold IL'ite

Hi Swathy,

For my daughter, I used Johnson's baby products, but, Nu nu is also a good brand. From my experience, I prefer using liquid soap for washing the body of my kid. I think, it provides more moisture to the skin than soap cake. Whenever I use the soap cake, she used to get dryness in the skin. Oil bath is a good remedy. For that, I used only natural oils, not any artificial perfumed products.

3. adimom

adimom Senior IL'ite

Hi Swathy

My baby is 14 months old now. When I was pregnant, doctor suggested me not use any kind of soap for new born. New born skin is very dlicate, so it is better to avoid soap atleast for 1 month. Use olive oil for massage and give her bath with very less gram flour. If you dont want to use gram flour, you can use very less soap (best is johnson's). Use mildest johnsons bath lotion. To be honest, I was very scared to use any product for my DD till she was 1 month old. I use to give her bath with plain water till she was 1 month old. I introduced soap and shampoo slowly. Till date I only use johnson baby naturals bath lotion, johnson baby shampoo and johnson baby naturals moisturiser for her. I dont use anything on face. Just wash with plain water.

4. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Though am not a mom i just want to tell you few things i knew..

Avoid chemical products as much as possible and rely on oils,flours..this is basic mantra..
    You can use cocnut,olive,alomond,custard oils for soft massage.
    Use herbal bath powders instead of soap..as the skin wil be very tender..you can use besan,bath powder any..
    Use milk,cream of the milk,curd as well to clean the body..they also acts as moisture...

shampoo i think you can go for Jhonson n jhonson

dc24 likes this.
  5. Mahanu

Mahanu Silver IL'ite

Hi Swathi, Congrats for your pregnancy.

You still have about 6 weeks for delivery. Why are you in a hurry to buy baby products and stock them. By the time of your delivery, new products / brands may be available. Its always good to use freshly manufactured items.

You baby will get a lot of such baby products from relatives and friends as gift, as nothing else can be gifted to an infant. So, if you have not purchased them till now, forget them and enjoy your pregnancy.

Good luck! :)

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

I would suggest Aveeno baby products.....some of the johnsons products were recalled some time early this year...so I am not sure about johnsons products credibility anymore.

7. barbies

barbies Senior IL'ite

My baby is 7 m now. We use Johnsons baby products. He has eczema problem..so Aveeno as well is used..nothing with any kind of fragrance.

8. Swathivenkat

Swathivenkat New IL'ite

Hi,

Aswathy @thanks for first reply...Thank you for the valuable suggestions
    adimom@Thanks fo the suggestions and its really helpfull
    Surish@ Usefull suggestions.Thank you
    Mahanu@I thought to buy, but i didnot, as i got the same thought like you.Thanks dear.
    srividya@Yeah even my thought also the same to go to Aveeno products as i heard abou this product from most of them.
    barbies@Thank you so much

9. shobna

shobna Bronze IL'ite

Hi Swathi!
    Initially, message baby with coconut oil (slightly warm) and use besan/moong powder for giving her bath. Once your baby is a month old, You can use Johnson's baby products or Himalaya's products. Recently I tried using Himalaya soap/massage oil, they are very good. I tried Pigeon Milky baby lotion for my DS recently, it is mild and non-greasy. As others say, you will get a lots of such products as gifts once the baby arrives. So no hurry now :) All the best!

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. amritavarshini

amritavarshini Bronze IL'ite

isnt it too early to buy things for your baby? relax and dont be in a hurry...you cant start using all the products from day 1...i have been using virgin coconut oil for my daughter and i'm very satisfied with it..olive oil is good no doubt but it can make skin dark sometimes...i was using himalaya products ( powder, shampoo, soap, lotion) but now i have stopped using them as they are not paraben free...also it is not good to apply too much of powder and lotion as the baby's skin is very delicate, you can use them in very small quantities...you can use green gram powder for bathing your baby but the problem is that however you cant grind it into very fine powder

Thyagarajan likes this.