1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Please help me not to explode - need your prayers, harassing BIL

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by confusedwoman, Nov 13, 2014.

1. confusedwoman

confusedwoman Silver IL'ite

Dear IL's,

I have been long suffering due to BIL, like I posted previously. I have resorted not to speak or acknowledge his presence telephonically for now and plan to do the same even in person. He will be visiting with my in laws for my sons birthday for 2 weeks or so. My parents will be coming too.

Yesterday BIL, DH and FIL are in phone conference, and I just spoke with FIL and came off to the side, BIL goes " Where is little AUTISM ?" DH said what? he again repeated the same thing. The third time he said I am asking about your son where is he? . DH then says my son is sleeping without missing a beat. I keep silent even though it kills me.

Now being a doctor I know my son is perfectly fine, reaching all milestones social and otherwise perfectly, but how does a mother not react and ignore when someone is insulting their son?, please IL's pray for me that I can ignore such insults and remarks.

And keep my composure and not wreck my beautiful marriage for this mean and cruel person.

Please help me IL's with life experience.

Thanks,

2. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Sort out your husband. Tell him if that loser ever speaks about your son this way...he will not be allowed in your house. Your bil has to be the biggest piece of **** ever! What an effing loser!!!!

16 people like this.
  3. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Its an illusion to think of a marriage as a beautiful marriage when one is married to a spineless guy (no matter how "beautiful and loving" he is, he is spineless). It may be an illusion our minds create to keep one's sanity intact from facing the bitter truth. But illusions will break down one day in the future. Your bil is a despicable culprit (and needs to be kept outta ur home), but unfortunately despite that, he is the lesser of the problem.

18 people like this.
  4. gauridinesh

gauridinesh Platinum IL'ite

Your husband needs to grow a spine. Unless he starts reacting, this WILL NOT stop. Till now, your BIL has been targeting you, now he has started training his guns on your little one.
    As a mother, you need to put a stop to this immediately. YOU CANNOT ENCOURAGE THIS. Tomorrow, he may say something in front of a crowd that will be a huge huge blow to your kids self esteem and it may permanently scar him. YOU need to react now or else this will go somewhere else.

7 people like this.
  5. thegirlygirl

thegirlygirl Platinum IL'ite

This is totally unacceptable!!!!

Your BIL seems to be mentally unstable or atleast a sadist!!

What was the need for you to walk away??? You should have given it back to him there and then, and set the matter straight.

Next time address him as MR. ED or MR. CRYPTORCHIDISM.................................and then see how he reacts!!

I am really amazed at the kind of insults and abuse you people suffer at the hands of your in laws!

3 people like this.
  6. coolwinds

coolwinds Platinum IL'ite

you DO NOT keep your composure with this low life. you take the phone, tell him loud and clear that if he ever talks like this about your child, he will be sorry. very sorry. don't ignore this, call him out on it and speak up for your child. and yeah, uninvite this POS. you want genuine people who care about your child on his birthday. take a stand on this, no matter what. i don't know how your husband tolerates this.

btw, i have not read your previous posts, not generally on this forum, except if there is a trending topic, so i don't know the background. but there is no excuse for what you described in your post. is there any reason why there is a need to keep this person in your lives? think about it.

2 people like this.
  7. Anamika99

Anamika99 Gold IL'ite

Like all said, u shd talk to ur DH to take the stand against and ask why he accepts such comment. Say calm and composed with your DH when u discuss this and say u can not stay calm n composed if somebody insults ur son

1 person likes this.
  8. thegirlygirl

thegirlygirl Platinum IL'ite

Why are all of you advicing that the OP's husband talks about this to the BIL??

When it comes to family matters I can understand this, but when it comes to her son a mother can lash out at whoever is trying to harm her child in any way? Why wait for husband??

6 people like this.
  9. Keet

Keet Silver IL'ite

Instead of allowing someone to insult my son, I would not think twice to wreck my beautiful marriage. By the way in a marriage where the parents just watch someone insulting son is not a beautiful marriage.

Would you just watch when a bear attacks your son thinking of your own betterment? I fail to understand what made you to keep quiet but expect your DH to stand for your son.

5 people like this.
  10. dsmenon

dsmenon Gold IL'ite

Why did you not say something?? You can and should reply to these BS. Also make sure your DH next time reacts to these kinda comments seriously.

1 person likes this.