1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

PLEASE HELP ... I really need advise..... cam to know my wifes affair before marriage

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sandykapoor, Aug 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandykapoor

sandykapoor New IL'ite

Hi,
    My situation is in terrible state... I got married aroung 1.5 years ago... Until last month we were really happily married couple.. and I was really proud of my wife and I used to consider myself very lucky guy to find such a good wife... I used to care for her like my daughter... I always tried to give her best life , and always tried to full fill her wishesh... how costly it could be, I never used to think twice before spending for her...
    Mine was arrange marriage thru materominal site, and I was very choosy about girls... to be honest, I never touched a girl.. before marriage I always wanted to be honest to my wife and never thought of any girl in my life apart from my wife.. I always had fear that I might not get a gud wife ( with clean background)... but was happy to see that my wife had a clen background... Until I found some messages in my inbox from my wifes ex-lover....
    yes, I was disheartende to know that my wife had an affair with a guy for 2 years... and she had sex with him for couple of times... I couldnt believe the messages from her boyfriend... only after asking my wife she confessed that she had an affair for 2 years and she used to consider him as his husband... only because of her parents she married me...
    But she did confessed that she is totally devoted to me and not be in touch with guy since last 3 years....
    Before marriage, 100 times I tried to ask her to tell me if she has any relationship in the past ..cos I wanted to make every thing clear before getting into a trust releationship called marriage... but she never spoke to me about this... I made everything clear from my side... and wanted her to be honest with me before starting a new life... only after looking into messages and speaking to her I came to knw abt her affair....
    to be honest, I felt like commiting suicide... as I was cheated and my sentiments were broken... but thought I will be able to forget her past... but whenever I see any movies , serials ( romantic scenns) , I always see my wife with her boyfriend... I am not been albe to forget this... and daily I am using bad words , trying to trotcher my wife... I knw she is totally mine now... but not been able to forget her past.. as even after asking many time I was not made aware of the facts before marriage....
    My life is like , we cannot live without each other and we cant live together.... not sure wht to do and hw to handle this situuation... it been almost 2 months since I came to know that fact of her affair... not been able to forget and I am not talking to her..... I have lost my job due to the shock which I hav got...
    Daily she cries, and she confesses that she did a mistake in her life and wanted to forget that by loving me... to be honest we really loved each other so much.. and had spent our "Golden" part of our life for 1.5 years... but life is really hell since last 2 months.. not been able to concentrate on any thing....
    PLEASE ADVISE WHAT DO I do now...........

2. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Re: PLEASE HELP ... I really need advise..... cam to know my wifes affair before marr

SandyKapoor,

A relationship will be healthy only when you both think about the present and future together.. Not about each other's past. thinking about it you will lose the precious moment in front of you.

Just think for a second: You loved her so much that you feel you are blessed to have such a good wife. And you both were having good time. People make mistakes and I agree she should have been forthcoming about her affair earlier, but due to pressure from her family or whatever reason, she did not. But she is truthful for all these months she been married to you right? What is that you were missing in this marriage till now? Nothing right?

So, why now dwell on the past and spoil your beautiful relationship that you can both build together? If you love your wife so much as you had stated then you should be able to forgive and forget. I know it will be hard, but think about all the positive, good things about your wife. Not everyone in this world is perfect.

Just because some boyfriends sends some message to spoil your marriage over jealously that she did not choose him but you, don't fall for that pit and spoil it yourself. Be a gentleman and do the right thing.

Dont try to torture her and then indirectly torture urself and spoil a good life that you can lead. Movies, serials are NOT LIFE. God has given you both ONLY ONE LIFE and dont waste it like this.

3. Gem_in_i

Gem_in_i New IL'ite

Re: PLEASE HELP ... I really need advise..... cam to know my wifes affair before marr

I've been reading and felt compelled to post something here.

Leave the past in the past and live for the present, the present is a gift to you.

Seems to me tht you and your wife had a good life together before this. Let sleeping dogs lie.

4. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Hello

It can be heart wrenching to go through your situation. Your feelings of anger , betrayal and confusion are all justified and natural. Dont try to suppress them, live through them. Because any grievances suppressed in close relationship is worse than fitghing over it.

I personally think you need some time off alone. Dont fight with your wife and use harsh words. Just ask for some time. Tell her to go to her parents place. So that you can think clearly and arrive at some decision. Dont make things easy for people especially when they have done such a grave mistake of lying about such thing. No one needs to be saint in this world. Being normal is what keeps sanity for lifelong. So live though your pain, agony and anger. And think clearly after all this where do you want to take your life. You dont have to take a decision in one day , one week or one month. Take your own time. For such wounds takes long time to heal. Your wife also need to feel the pinch of lying so profusely. It just should nt be made piece of cake. Else she will not feel the necessity of avoiding such a big thing in future too.

If you dont take time to heal your own wounds, your frsutration will erupt at points you cannt even think of.

Ria

2 people like this.
  5. Noorie

Noorie New IL'ite

Hello Sandy

I totally agree with Ria.

Bye

6. Priesh

Priesh Platinum IL'ite

Hi sandy,

i also totally agree with Ria.

Cheers,

Priya.

7. Stillagirl

Stillagirl New IL'ite

HI Sandy,

It sure must feel like betrayal that she lied, and I agree with Ria that you should think about it and undergo the agony ...Not because she had a past, we all have our pasts, but the fact that even when you asked her the question directly she lied.

It takes time to heal wounds of mistrust but from what you have written here it seems that
    • She has severed all ties with him before marriage
    • You say she fulfilled her duties well
    • She still aches for your forgiveness
    • She repents!
    Some positive points to ponder over while you weigh one lie against all the good times you've had

8. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Hi sandhyakapoor,
    I know its hard to forget the fast. But there is no other way because life has to moveon, as it is not a single day. Just think wholeheartedly about your wife, do you really feel that she is bad?
    Doyou think having a relationship is totally bad??
    Not at all, she is dedicated to you after marriage. But before marriage, its her life.
    Few things in life are quite common like first love,first kiss etc.
    I know its natural to expect everything from our respectives but all the times its not possible.
    Do some meditation, your concentration will be increased.
    Be positive towards her, dont torture her.
    She is admitting right, tht she has done some mistake.
    If possible, call him adn explain that not to interfere in your life infront of your wife.
    Comeback to your normal life which you lived for 1.6 years.
    Then you see lot of happiness and yoru wife will love you throughout her life.

Compromising with life is art of living.I hope you will take good decision and approach your life.
    All the best.

9. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sandy,

I can feel your pain,been there seen that.Trust me it is the worst form of torture to endure in a married life.
    But i completely agree with Ria's advice.

Vent it out completely,dont hold anything inside.What ever you are feeling is v v natural and any person in your place would feel the same.Dont feel guilty about what and how you feel.

It is v easy to say that past is past and it is only the present and future that matters (ladies i am not criticizing anybodys advice here,pls forgive me if i have offended any of you).But i know that it never happens like that.Our entire life is based on past,even today becomes tommorrows past.

It takes a lot of time and lot of will power to continue in such a relationship in a positive way and with positive energy.
    Pls identify if you have that will power and pls dont compromise for the sake of society or anything else.If you cant forgive her and in your heart of hearts if the same things keep replaying then there is no meaning in living a life like that.But to come to this conclusion you need to take your time.Dont jump into any decisions.

I also feel you need time away from your spouse.That really helps.
    Pls come back here if you need any help and even if you want to share your feelings.I know just one advice wont change things,right now your mind is so disturbed that you wont be thinking straight.
    Take care and pls come back.

And one more important thing,pls dont ever think of harming yourself.The person who has sinned has already enjoyed and even in your absence their life will go on but it will always be the innocent who has not enjoyed and who truely deserves a life that ends up paying a price,pls dont even think on those lines.

suji

1 person likes this.
  10. Ria2006

Ria2006 Silver IL'ite

Hey Suji

I totally adore your reply here. What a wisdom and deep thought. I could feel real life experience speaking through it. I know how empty "forgive and forget" becomes when someone has to bear it themselves. Its very easy to say and almost nervebreaking experience to live through.

I hope the person in questions gets some good pointers to go ahead in his life. I dont think any one can decide wether he should keep this marriage or break this. Because no body can take life long decisions for anybody. The best judge for it is the person who has to bear the life going forward.

Ria

Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.