1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Please help...Husband and Inlaws forcing to leave my job...

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by krs, Feb 25, 2013.

1. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Ok... Don't quite your job. Your job is the only security for you now.

Your husband is heartless. How come he even did not bother to visit you when you were in labor and then your little son was born despite of living in the same street. How come a dad resist on seeing his own son when both are living in the same locality. Do you think this cruel man (your husband) will love or treat your little son like a human being once you return back to him, that too without a job?

I wonder why did you write this thread this way? If I were you, I would have phrased whether to leave my husband or not... and definitely not the job.

You better leave your husband and move on with your life. Anyway your son is living without his dad's care, and you are also managing everything on your own. Why not make a full stop for all.

2. krs

krs Bronze IL'ite

@sweetyappy, @sgbv: Even am thinking the same. First i thought my LO needs his father but after 3years when my husb is not bothered to see us, it had made me heartless towards him. Now i feel its better for my LO to be with me so that i can bring him up as a nice human being with kindness and affectionate towards others unlike my husb and inlaws.

The first time when i started hatred towards my husb was on my delivery day. After the delivery when i saw my mom first thing i asked "Amma has he come" she said no. I couldnot even control my tears, i started crying so much to my mom, she pacified me by talking about my child, but i couldnot even hear to her. When he doesnot give important to his wife and child why should i scarifice everything for him....may be my mentality is wrong but i had gone through a lot....i donot want my LO to suffer in his life as i did.

Hope i concentrate on my LO's need and bring him up without any hurdles for him.

3. krishlakshmi

krishlakshmi Silver IL'ite

Hi Krs,
    If you are so keen on emotional things.you can try below:
    Ask for a medical leave for 3 months in your company.But don;t let your husband know about it.Hope you have some saving for yourself ,don't discuss this saving things with your hubby and try to be in your mil house for sometime if you feel the situation is unmanagable you can come to your parents and job.Meantime try to convinence your hubby for seperately living.Being with kid and wife may change his mind.

1 person likes this.
  4. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

I'm disgusted !! I hope you know that you have a legal 'Right to Residence' in your husband's house? As long as you two are married, no one can stop you from living in that house (and no one can throw you out). What they are doing is completely illegal & you can file a police complaint if you want.

But, the question remains, is it worth it being married to such a man and live in such a family????

1 person likes this.
  5. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Your mentality is not wrong. YOU ARE RIGHT.

Please move on. Concentrate on your work, salary and your little one's future. There are so much in life than a husband/father.
    Your husband is not worth for compromises and sacrifices. He and his family will screw yours and your little one's life if you give them a chance. Beware.

6. soulful

soulful Platinum IL'ite

Radhi, it is not the OP who gives more importance to the MD, it is her family who gives more importance to MD and his family as compared to OP's ILs. This is what I got from her post. And I completely agree with her family's attitude. For One, respect is commanded, not demanded just because they are the 'BOy's Family" Two - the MD has indeed done a lot for OP nad her family. been there for them when the needed the most. What have the ILs done? Apart from marrying the son to their daughter that is. They couldn't be even humane to the OP.

OP - My strong opinion is - they are not worth you and your kid, and am sorry to be blunt - not even your husband who doesn't have the heart to visit his own child in 3 years.

Don't quit your job. ensure your financial security and your child well being. Research Legal options. Get a better life without them.

7. Pranjjal

Pranjjal Gold IL'ite

*******Deleted*******

8. silvertulip

silvertulip Platinum IL'ite

Dear OP, ur in-laws and DH have ego issues, for the reason that u are financially better than him and they want to satisfy their ego by controlling u and ur life. Don't leave ur job and take care of ur baby. U parents are supporting u and are helping in taking care of the baby while u are at work, so better be with them than at ur in-laws place as they are insensitive to u and ur kid and will be so in future also (while u will be at work, if u continue working and staying with ur in-laws).